Mobile 1.4 android backup confirmation

Armysniper

Terrarian
Howdy fellas!
I hope y'all are having a great day out there.

When creating a 'fresh install' backup for 1.4 (current) on Android are these files and folders the "ideal" stuff to carry over to the freshly installed directory?

Players folder
Worlds folder
achievements.dat
config.json
favorites.json
InterfaceProfiles.json
PersistentUserData.dat
VirtualControls.json

I know a few of em like Players, Worlds & achievements.dat are recommended to backup. InterfaceProfiles.json and PersistentUserData.dat are the main 2 that i *think??* should also be part of the backup package, but just want to be sure.

I appreciate your time and thanks in advance!

Last edited:
That seems like everything you should need to me!
Hello! I hope today is treating you well.

I ended up tossing PersistentUserData.dat

I tested multiple fresh installs and found that the only file that wasn't contributing to anything noticeable was PersistentUserData.dat

This is the penultimate Terraria 1.4 Android Backup list:

*Players folder - your actual characters
*Worlds folder - your actual worlds
*achievements.dat - self explanatory
*config.json - settings menu stuff
*favorites.json - golden star stuff

*InterfaceProfiles.json - your customized windows for your inventory menu

*VirtualControls.json - the reason you keep procrastinating on doing that fresh install. also self-explanatory.

**PersistentUserData.dat - if it makes you feel good, do it. i found no negatives or positives on carrying over this particular file.

all of these are found right in Terraria's main install directory: Android > data > com.and.games505.TerrariaPaid

I hope you're having a great day and thanks for the reply, i appreciate your time!

I have to admit I wasn't sure what was in that one, but figured there'd be no harm in backing up one more than was needed!

I have to admit I wasn't sure what was in that one, but figured there'd be no harm in backing up one more than was needed!
you and me both.

i know there are some harmless looking files that, if messed with, could end up corrupting either your world or your character. i decided to test it out and make 💯 sure that the files and folders that were necessary to backup, were indeed the content that should be backed up for a fresh game install.

i knew if a moderator were to comment saying the list was good, then i would be in the right spot! so thank you for taking a look at it and double checking it with me.

i hope you have a blessed day and take care out there!

Back
Top Bottom