PC 1 file failed to validate and will be reaquired

aestheonic

Terrarian
i love playing terraria and esspecially mods, so i was upset when neither my music or multiplayer were working in both modded and original. so i deleted both versions and reinstalled them, but when trying to reinstall tmodloader it wont install because steam hasnt validated it, so i tried validating it but it said "1 file failed to be validated and will be reaqurired" but never reaquires anything, i kept trying but it wouldnt work, i deleted everything again and reinstalled over and over, nothing works. please help this is extremely frustrating.

The reacquire thing isn't anything to worry about. It's a steam bug, no file actually failed to validate and no file actually needs to be reacquired.

So does your audio still not work? As for multiplayer, how are you attempting to connect? Through steam or direct IP?

The reacquire thing isn't anything to worry about. It's a steam bug, no file actually failed to validate and no file actually needs to be reacquired.

So does your audio still not work? As for multiplayer, how are you attempting to connect? Through steam or direct IP?
audio works, hosting multiplayer works, but joining multiplayer dosent work, tmod loader wont open because steam wont validate the files.

If the vanilla game opens fine but TModLoader won't open I'll have someone move this to the modding section so you can get some help with your modded game.

If the vanilla game opens fine but TModLoader won't open I'll have someone move this to the modding section so you can get some help with your modded game.
someone already moved it, i thought itd be more appropriate in vannila support because its an issue with vanilla/steam. the validation thing is required for tmod loader, it says an error that it wont work without the validation.

someone already moved it, i thought itd be more appropriate in vannila support because its an issue with vanilla/steam. the validation thing is required for tmod loader, it says an error that it wont work without the validation.
I have the same problem and can not find an answer.

I am also getting this problem on modded Terraria! I think this is a widespread issue that the devs need to be informed about.

I'm struggling to join multiplayer worlds through steam. It works, but my friend constantly has to restart Terraria as do I. I also get the "1 file failed to validate and will be reacquired" message. I am only using vanilla but have had TModLoader in the past.

Back
Top Bottom