PC "1 file failed to validate" on Steam

Crusader#2003

Terrarian
Alright, here we go.

Lately i've been playing terraria with 2 of my friends. We've been enjoying it and we were about to defeat the wall of flesh in expert mode. Thing is, i have been getting lots of lag. (multiplayer lag)
Throughout all of the worlds we've played in, there was always a small amount of lag, i didn't mind since it was so tiny it didnt bother me. But all of a sudden i have even worse lag than before and i've been getting way lower fps lately (normally at 60-50 fps, now at 20-5). I have no idea why it happened, i've been looking everywhere for a solution, reddit, forums, steam, etc. Some say i had to validate files, and it says "1 file failed to validate". I find thats the cause of the lag, but im not sure. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling steam, terraria, running CHKDSK /r on command prompt, but it still says "1 file failed to validate". This is my last resort, posting on the forums.

Please tell me a fix to this problem.
or advice me if its not that (1 file failed to validate) causing the lag and rather something else.

Thanks! :)

I don't know that I can help with your issue but might be experiencing something similar. Does your game lock up your entire PC? I get to the point where I have to hard reboot my pc.

Back
Top Bottom