PC 1 game file missing?

ItsBrook

Terrarian
i have encountered a problem, where at launch, the game starts to load, then just doesnt open! i verified integrity of game cache, and turns out i have 1 file missing ... it says that it will be reaquired, but when i launch, nothing changes?! i verified again and still 1 file missing?!?!? anyone know what this file could be and where i can aquire it?

right well it says "could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=842cf8be1de50553'

make any sense of that?!

Sounds like you don't have .NET 4.0 installed. Try running dotNetFx40_Full_setup.exe in the same folder as TerrariaServer. It's not the latest version of the installer, but it should do the trick.

i tried installing the verion in the same file, and it says that i cant as a more updated version is on the computer?!?!

it still has not worked ...
[doublepost=1482862303,1482862245][/doublepost]the game just does the same thing

Did the installer install anything? If not try running the installer from the commandline (as admin) with the /repair option e.g:
>NDP462-KB3151800-x86-x64-AllOS-ENU.exe /repair

Navigate to where you downloaded the .NET installer. In that window, in the file menu there should be an option to open the commandline as administrator.

ok it has finished repairing
[doublepost=1482863475,1482863460][/doublepost]should i just launch terraria or do i need to do anything

Then I don't know. It's probably best to ask @Marcus101RR what the next step should be.
I would probably try uninstalling .NET before reinstalling it again, but that is a risky move that could cause the computer to stop working.

oh alrighty, thank you for all the help xD shame it hasnt worked coz i have tried just about everything at this point

Back
Top Bottom