+18 Dedicated Server

Hadria

Terrarian
Greetings and salutations.

Im about to launch a private +18 constant server for 8 to 10 players. Possibly looking into five two player teams or three two player teams and four random, untrustworthy adventurers. Political freedom, of course. The server will be PVP active at all times with total freedom, including destroying minetracks as to send players to the abyss and spreading corruptions or having wet dreams with personal chests and slippery fingers, for mediumcore characters, fresh characters.

I dont think the map accepts much more than that, open for suggestion. It will be large.

We are already a group of six and need four more. So, if there is a pair of friends, marriage or someone that wants to solo, team up occasionally and so forth; send me a message.

Im considering using mods, three in total. If its possible with the client 1.2.4.1. GRealm, Thorium+ and W1K's Variety Pack. So, are they compatible with version 1.2.4.1 and with each other?

The server will be running on either a P4 Prescott 3,2GHZ with 2GB of DDR400 dual channel and a Raptor or on a better AMD 975 X4 Black Edition with 4GB of DDR1300, FAST SD internal hardrive. Depends on how well the game plays out. I would like to play on the AMD and serve with the P4. If anyone could tell me if its viable according to the number of players given above. If its better for the game, I can use the P4 and serve on the AMD. Didn't measure the upload and download bandwidth but it should be enough according to what I have seen. It might be near 100kbs or 200kbs of upload. Don't know if that will be a hiccup. I might change to 1 real MB upload for version 1.3 when its released. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance, hope to see some of the older guys and gals around here for a serious game.

Back
Top Bottom