Console A 1.3 question to 505 Games

MistSlaya

Terrarian
So I've played terraria on PC, x360, and the xbone. I loved the 1.3 update as I could play it for DAYS. As a PC/Console player, I naturaly was so ready for it on console!
*1 1/2 years later*
Wait did I miss something? I saw the 1.2.4 update that added an hour to my gameplay and gave me an op little weapon called the Flairon. Now I liked that they got that out to their console fans, but now its getting REDICULOUS. I have waited for news for terraria, staying dormant as a terrarian, off playing other games, ocasionally looking at terraria hoping that there was a secret update in the night that was MAGICALLY there in the morning. I come back to people giving up on asking the biggest question, "when the hell is the 1.3 coming to console?!" I also don't understand how only 50% of the 1.2.4 made it to console and the rest is being released somewhere in june. What does that mean for the 1.3 console edition?!?! This worries me, a couple bug fixes, some new items, and new mechanics takes 1 :red:ING YEARS?!?! HOW? WHY?

Now I don't disrespect Engine Software at all, I still love this game and them for making the 1.3 update(which should be in the process of being added to console real :red:ing soon I hope). But at the same time I wish their console programmers got off their asses and asked the PC programmers to HELP THEM! It isn't shameful if it can help the company!

If any dev reads this, I hope you understand its been a while and that me and the rest of the console players respect you for even making such a game, but you need to notice our cries!
Respect isn't a 1 way street.

*EDIT* only 1 year but my point still stands

**EDIT** 505 Games changed to Engine, Sorry for the misdirected blame

Last edited:
It's the fact that the PC devs would have to learn what the heck they are doing. Porting over any kind of game/update is a pain in the rear. Especially since PS/Xbox run off of a different coding system. It could take them another whole year for 1.3, I mean it took them about 1 year for 1.2, but that caused a bug fest, so, think about it this way, we either wait patiently for them to release a stable 1.3, or we rush them so they can put out a clumsy, world corrupting, save corrupting, game corrupting, 1.3 version. Just let them do what they need to do to not repeat the 1.2 mistake.

It's the fact that the PC devs would have to learn what the heck they are doing. Porting over any kind of game/update is a pain in the rear. Especially since PS/Xbox run off of a different coding system. It could take them another whole year for 1.3, I mean it took them about 1 year for 1.2, but that caused a bug fest, so, think about it this way, we either wait patiently for them to release a stable 1.3, or we rush them so they can put out a clumsy, world corrupting, save corrupting, game corrupting, 1.3 version. Just let them do what they need to do to not repeat the 1.2 mistake.
This is true, but 1 year for bug fixes is kinda dumb. Thats my 2nd point, it takes too long for them to even take out some bugs. All I was really asking is if they could ask for some help from other people.
I also wanted some news on the matter so I could wait patiently and make prep worlds with my time.

This is true, but 1 year for bug fixes is kinda dumb. Thats my 2nd point, it takes too long for them to even take out some bugs. All I was really asking is if they could ask for some help from other people.
I also wanted some news on the matter so I could wait patiently and make prep worlds with my time.

Honestly, if you're waiting for an up-to-date version of Terraria on the console's, wait for Terraria Otherworld (essentially Terraria 2) which is being developed by re-logic themselves (and some other company I forget the name of). So, because of this Re-Logic will probably not be helping out 505 games with Terarria on the console's any time soon because they are busy making its sequel. Terraria Otherworld will probably not be out until the end of this year, possibly later, as they seem to be having lots of delays sadly (the game was scheduled to come out at the end of LAST year) but at least that means they are making sure it's well-made and not filled with bugs! The problem here is that 505 games could do the updates faster, but the company is also in charge of numerous other projects such as Payday 2, and will likely not invest that much time/resources into a game update they cannot even make money for, which in my opinion is entirely understandable. But I share your frustration with the astronomical amount of time it has taken for console players to receive seemingly so little while PC players have boat loads of new content and have had it for quite some time. Our sense of unfairness strikes and it's sucks! My PC sucks so I can't play Terraria without significant frame drops and alas I am eagerly waiting to get my hands on new Terraria content, be it through Otherworld or a 1.3 update (which at this point I really wouldn't count on, as it just seems like they are dropping the ball, again understandably due to no money on return for their hard work).

The problem here is that 505 games could do the updates faster, but the company is also in charge of numerous other projects such as Payday 2, and will likely not invest that much time/resources into a game update they cannot even make money for, which in my opinion is entirely understandable. But I share your frustration with the astronomical amount of time it has taken for console players to receive seemingly so little while PC players have boat loads of new content and have had it for quite some time. Our sense of unfairness strikes and it's sucks! My PC sucks so I can't play Terraria without significant frame drops and alas I am eagerly waiting to get my hands on new Terraria content, be it through Otherworld or a 1.3 update (which at this point I really wouldn't count on, as it just seems like they are dropping the ball, again understandably due to no money on return for their hard work).

I understand how they are working on new things but it feels like they just don't care anymore. Engine is here fending back all the people like me, hungry for new content and ready to get mad over it.

There have been no promises made of 1.3 being ported to console. Console has been significantly buggy since 1.2 and 505 just reorganized their QA team for console. There's a back log to work through.

The rest of 1.2.4.1 plus some 1.3 extras was just released for Sony systems the day after your last post here. Microsoft systems have a bit longer to wait. Once this update is settled it l in they'll make their announcements about any possible future updates.

Back
Top Bottom