Items A few new uses for Crystal Shards -Sprites-

Dakota Spine

Headless Horseman
Hey guys, Dakota here. I was doing some random spriting and I made a few that I wanted to make a suggestion about. They are some more lighting ideas with Crystal Shards. So, here is this small cluster of ideas.

Components
These are some components used in crafting some of these items.

Crystal Fragment:
Crystal Shard Shard.png

-Crystal Fragments are created with 1 Crystal Shard. Crafting it yields two. They are a component in some recipes.

Crystal Bit:
Crystal Shard Shard Shard 2.png

-These are crafted down from 1 Crystal Fragment. Crafting it yields two. They are a primary component in Illuminant Gel.
-They can also be used with a Blow Gun to deal a base of 30 damage. They glow purple when shot out.

Illuminant Gel:
Illuminant Gel.png

-Illuminant Gel is created with 5 Gel and 4 Crystal Bits. It yields 5 Illuminant Gel.
-It is also dropped from Illuminant Slimes with a slightly lower chance than their normal Gel drop rate.

Lighting
These are what can be crafted with these basic components.

Crystal Glowstick:
Crystal Glowstick.png

-Crystal Glowsticks are better, Hardmode Glow Sticks. They are crafted with 1 Crystal Fragment.
-They can already stick to walls upon crafting, cycle between the different Crystal Shard colors, and glow brighter than normal Glow Sticks.

Crystal Torch:
Crystal Torch.png

-These are crafted with 5 Crystal Fragments, and 1 Illuminant Gel. It creates 5 Crystal Torches.
-They glow the same as Illuminant Enemies in the Underground Hallow. They also get a brief moment of different Crystal Shard colors from time to time.
-These torches work Under Water, serving as the Hallows' answer to the Cursed/Ichor Torch.

Illuminant Gel Block:
Illuminant Gel Block.png

-They are crafted in the same fashion as Gel Blocks, at a Solidifier.
-As well as slow you down while on them, they glow exactly the same as Illuminant Enemies. However, unlike the Crystal Torch, they lack the different Crystal Shard colors from time to time.
Closing
This about wraps up the little ideas I had. Be sure to tell me what you guys think! Thanks for reading. Dakota, out.

Last edited:
The shards could use better less confusing names. But other than that, it's a great suggestion. It'd go fantastically with my Crystal Furniture suggestion.
Seal of Approval.png

Crystal shard shard shard shard shard shard shard shard shard shard shard shard: Crafted with 1 crystal shard shard shard shard shard shard shard shard shard.

I feel like this will lead to that.

Crystal Fragments and Crystal Bits are painfully redundant. Just use Crystal Shards. XP

As for Illuminant Gel, I don't think you should be able to craft a dropped item.

As for the new Glow Sticks, I don't really see why we need more ranged lighting methods.

As for Crystal Torches, I've seen it before, and I'll say this again: Why not just use the Crystal Shards themselves?

And finally, for the Illuminant Gel Block, why not.

Crystal Fragments and Crystal Bits are painfully redundant. Just use Crystal Shards. XP

As for Illuminant Gel, I don't think you should be able to craft a dropped item.

As for the new Glow Sticks, I don't really see why we need more ranged lighting methods.

As for Crystal Torches, I've seen it before, and I'll say this again: Why not just use the Crystal Shards themselves?

And finally, for the Illuminant Gel Block, why not.

In all honesty, I wanted to make a suggestion for some sprites I made for fun. Of course I wouldn't half-@$$ it, but I wanted the other things to fit in somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom