PC A Guide to Endgame Terraria PvP

I've never seen how a game with such massive network issues could have functional pvp.

Regardless, I'm not fond of pvp based around exploiting movement mechanics and weapon dynamics created for pve use.

I've never seen how a game with such massive network issues could have functional pvp.

Regardless, I'm not fond of pvp based around exploiting movement mechanics and weapon dynamics created for pve use.
Thanks for the feedback. It's always highly appreciated, negative or positive, hearing someone's possibly differing opinion on a topic is fun to discuss.

Would you mind detailing on your comment about weapon dynamics? I can understand that some people don't like to some what, "abuse", mechanics such as the fast falling speed of the Slimy Saddle but I've never partaken in a quarrel over the basic attributes of a weapon and how that can be exploited. Not that I don't understand, I just want to know which certain part of the Weaponry you found appalling. If you're talking about RCS, I fully understand. But keep in mind that is never really used or even allowed to be used on most main-stream servers. So please, enlighten me when you have the time.

Have a good day. :pinky:

Thanks for the feedback. It's always highly appreciated, negative or positive, hearing someone's possibly differing opinion on a topic is fun to discuss.

Would you mind detailing on your comment about weapon dynamics? I can understand that some people don't like to some what, "abuse", mechanics such as the fast falling speed of the Slimy Saddle but I've never partaken in a quarrel over the basic attributes of a weapon and how that can be exploited. Not that I don't understand, I just want to know which certain part of the Weaponry you found appalling. If you're talking about RCS, I fully understand. But keep in mind that is never really used or even allowed to be used on most main-stream servers. So please, enlighten me when you have the time.

Have a good day. :pinky:
The fact that so many weapons are banned is precisely why I see the game as not suitable for serious pvp. Yoyos for example are ridiculously broken since they can be aimed perfectly for consistent damage at almost any range. Many other weapons use these sort of aiming mechanics (such as the notorious Star Wrath and Last Prism) and Sniper Rifles have such high velocity that they are not only impossible to miss with but difficult to see coming (yet they can kill any player in 1-2 shots). Homing weapons, as we all know, are almost completely useless (the Snowman Cannon only retaining feasibility because of its high AOE and fire rate) and due to the power creep of the game almost every weapon before the penultimate tier is tossed out as totally useless or a gimmick.

The fact that so many weapons are banned is precisely why I see the game as not suitable for serious pvp. Yoyos for example are ridiculously broken since they can be aimed perfectly for consistent damage at almost any range. Many other weapons use these sort of aiming mechanics (such as the notorious Star Wrath and Last Prism) and Sniper Rifles have such high velocity that they are not only impossible to miss with but difficult to see coming (yet they can kill any player in 1-2 shots). Homing weapons, as we all know, are almost completely useless (the Snowman Cannon only retaining feasibility because of its high AOE and fire rate) and due to the power creep of the game almost every weapon before the penultimate tier is tossed out as totally useless or a gimmick.
While you make a good point on the severity of weapons being banned, in all competitive environments, some weapons are just going to be too strong. About the case with yo-yos, you’re wrong. Due to 1.3 iframes being 2/3 of a second, up from 0.13 of a second in 1.2, yo-yos are far outclassed by many other weapons, and arguably unviable entirely. Stat wrath and last prism are banned precisely for the reasons you stated: they’re ridiculously strong and require no aim. However, sniper is actually very hard to hit. If you’ve ever fought someone with good aim, like Terriane, Blanc, Alucard, Lord Goulash, and ASgo, you would notice how often they seem to hit their shots, but how you almost always miss. The reason is because while sniper is fast, your aim has to be absolutely precise, and you have to predict their movement as well.

I can understand your opinion on this topic but most of your argument just seems to be flat out invalid. Yo-yos have almost no place in serious Terraria PvP because of the movement and skill cap. If someone can dance around you by, "abusing", Slimy Saddle and Bat Hook, they can't hit you with a measly yo-yo. I would also like to remind you that invincibility frames exist. You also speak of weapons like Star Wrath and the Last Prism as being a problem. Moon Lord weapons such as those are usually banned for balance yet you comment negatively about banning weapons in the first place, quote, "...weapons are banned is precisely why I see the game as not suitable for serious pvp." If the weapon is broken, it's going to be banned so you don't have to complain about it to begin with. As for Sniper Rifle, it is 100% possible to miss with the gun when the movement meta is based around, "exploiting", Slimy Saddle and Bat Hook. Trust me, all of us miss at some point. You also said that the Sniper Rifle can kill any player in 2 shots. This is true for a player standing still in Stealth mode with a glass cannon Ranger build going against another glass cannon, but being able to dish out the damage doesn't assure they're actually going to deal it. Even if they're a God at aiming, you fail to account for Endurance builds and armors such as Solar Flare and Beetle that make Sniper Rifle take many shots to kill. Even if you're going to do a lot when you do manage to shoot someone, a player could easily rush the glass-cannon-Stealth-toggling Sniper user and end their life with a fast melee weapon before they even have time to react. Finally, you talk about the, "power creep", of the game. This does exist and I can confirm, if you're not on a server that can provide items that are used in civilized PvP, you're going to lose. However, there are servers with customized metas such as Dark Gaming that allow almost every weapon to be used effectively in PvP. I highly recommend you check it out, considering it's pretty much the capital of Terraria PvP servers and sounds like an answer to your concern.

Sorry for the late reply.

Back
Top Bottom