NPCs & Enemies A new Bone Sword-wielding skeleton variant

Kindly select the response most applicable to the description of your feelings regarding my proposal

• (encouragingly positive response)

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • (annoyingly undecisive response)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • (refreshingly negative response)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Wanna know my second-favourite thing about Expert mode? That would be the zombies that hold the detached arms of their comrades and whack you with them. Who knew the undead could be so resourceful?! Unfortunately, their skeletal pals underground are less fortunate...

No, you massive nut. They throw bones remember?
Yeah, but I propose a new skeleton variant to keep things interesting.

Do we really need that?
Maybe not, but giving some of the enemies in the game more character couldn't hurt, could it? The zombies have proved that, so now let the skeletons have their turn.

BEHAVIOUR
This new little guy would have a very high movement speed, very high defense, and very high knockback resistance. He's so fast and difficult to stop, he's basically a projectile himself! Instead of swinging his weapon like the zombies do, he stabs you with it (because that's much cooler and not many enemies do it yet). I don't really think there's much else to say.

APPEARANCE
His sprite would look like the normal skeleton with a Bone Sword held out in front of him, which he would thrust forward when within range.

STATS
Normal {Expert}
Yeah, I'm giving it normal stats even though the enemy is Expert-exclusive. Don't hate me for it.

Damage: 30 {60}
Max life: 90 {180}
Defense: 8 {16}
Knockback resistance: 75% {80%}
Immunities: Poison, Venom

DROPS
1 silver, 60 copper {3 silver, 20 copper}
Hook 4% {8%}
Ancient Iron Helmet 1% {2%}
Ancient Gold Helmet 0.5% {1%}
Bone Sword 2% {4%}
Skull 0.2% {0.4%}

I think that's it for now. If you see this please comment and vote.

Last edited:
I love the idea, but the only flaw I see is the increase in his defense. Not many enemies get a major defense increase in Expert Mode, and 36 defense seems mighty hefty for pre-hardmode. Most weapons would only end up doing 1 damage, and you can start encountering the bulky skeleton as soon as you enter the underground! I'd suggest lowering his defense greatly, perhaps around 15 so people can consistently do damage to them without having to risk too much or avoid them until they get better weapons.

Happy suggesting!

Reactions: Bry
It would be neat to see a truly armed skeleton among the hordes of default-looking ones. I support and, while at it, propose an armored skeleton variant for expert hardmode (because armored skeletons aren't dangerous enough, right? :zombie:)

Back
Top Bottom