Weapons & Equip A (not really) new Summoner Weapon: The Staff?

DJFlare84

Mechanic
Okay hear me out, let's change up summoning staves a bit.

Let's move the actual summon effect to right-click, while Left-Click lets you swing the staff as a melee weapon that has significant knockback and applies a slowdown debuff, making it easier for minions to attack (we can call this the Summoner's Snare). This attack also marks the last enemy struck.

Perhaps there could be some cool magical energy effect to extend the attack's effective radius unique to each staff (but not as far-reaching as whips of course). Maybe just a simple short-ranged energy projectile like the Death Sickle (that does Summoning Damage).

I'd also really like it if holding the left-click made the staff spin around and hurt enemies around you like a Flail, and only releasing it performed the bigger slam attack.

Not strong enough? Simple enough to resolve.

Let's make them deal more damage and give a defense buff to the player for daring to get up close to use them.

Last edited:
Perhaps left clicking an enemy could tag them and direct your minions to attack the specified target, similar to whips but without the damage, and summoning would be right click
So why would you ever use this over a whip if it does the same thing as a whip with no damage

Why would we need a separate weapon that's the whip? Now we have to farm 2 weapons instead of one like everyone else.
so that you have options, LIKE EVERYONE ELSE. summoner is such a limited class in terms of options. you really only get one or two weapons to choose from during progression, and sometimes that option is nothing! just use what you've been using for the previous point of progression. it makes me glad to see that they've been working on fixing this (we now have a grand total of 2 pre-boss weapons, a whip and a rare minion drop from slimes), but it's still way behind.

so that you have options, LIKE EVERYONE ELSE. summoner is such a limited class in terms of options. you really only get one or two weapons to choose from during progression, and sometimes that option is nothing! just use what you've been using for the previous point of progression. it makes me glad to see that they've been working on fixing this (we now have a grand total of 2 pre-boss weapons, a whip and a rare minion drop from slimes), but it's still way behind.
Theres like 12 pre boss summoner weapons

Back
Top Bottom