PS4 A small building problem ( help )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

Eye of Cthulhu
Im trying to build a Dam that holds back the ocean and use pumps (inlet in the ocean and outlet on the outside) to allow a constant stream of water to flow out like a Dam does when it is open, causing a waterfall.

The 2 problems im having are,

1) the outlet pump always faces in towards the wall as shown, no matter what way im facing when i place it. i just can't seem to figure out how to make it face the other way.

2) When i activate the lever on top of the Dam, the lever stays in the activated position, but the pump only turns on for a second and then stops. This could be because it's facing the wall, but im not sure if thats the case or if i need a timer, another type of switch, or something else.

img.php
img.php

Any help is greatly appreciated. Im on PS4 console if that helps.

Last edited:
1. The direction in which the pump is facing has no effect on the way in which water is released. Water is always released down across the entire pump, and will then flow across any surfaces it contacts.

2. This is the intended effect. Pulling a lever causes the pump to activate once, not 'turn on' and run continuously. To run it continuously, you would need to hook it up to a timer, which comes in 5, 3, and 1 second varieties, all crafted with different types of watch (e.g. copper, gold) and wire. The timer can be activated directly, or you can simply place it in the path of your existing wire, and turn it on and off by pulling the lever, which would have the effect you originally intended.

1. The direction in which the pump is facing has no effect on the way in which water is released. Water is always released down across the entire pump, and will then flow across any surfaces it contacts.

2. This is the intended effect. Pulling a lever causes the pump to activate once, not 'turn on' and run continuously. To run it continuously, you would need to hook it up to a timer, which comes in 5, 3, and 1 second varieties, all crafted with different types of watch (e.g. copper, gold) and wire. The timer can be activated directly, or you can simply place it in the path of your existing wire, and turn it on and off by pulling the lever, which would have the effect you originally intended.

k, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom