A strange jungle sanctuary

mathcrab

Terrarian
Found a new style. I've been building things similar to this with titanstone + iridescent brick, but throwing in rich mahogany and especially spooky wood has made things more interesting. And purple. Not entirely sure what direction to build in at this point, but I thought it might be worth sharing as-is.
20161020141544_1.jpg

20161020143015_1.jpg
Sorrow 1.png

Sorrow 2 compressed.jpg

Last edited:
Looks beautiful and awesome, but i think i saw something similar time ago.
anyway look amazing good job

Did some more work. Planning on building a large chunk of land to the left of the dam and above the bridge, and turning the whole area into a kind of covered grotto. I was unhappy with the dam for a long while, but stuffing plants everywhere and smashing up a few of the background walls made it feel much more in line with the first part of the build.
There's a beautiful dampness and coldness that doesn't get brought out by screenshots. When it rained for the first time and all of the water became turbulent it really blew me away.
Sorrow 2 compressed.jpg

If anyone has any suggestions or building references, let me know. I could use some pointers when it comes to bridges and trees.

My brain always seems to cling to order when building something, making my stuff turn out very... simple.
I envy people like you, who can create something incredibly chaotic but more beautiful than I could ever make. :)

Back
Top Bottom