Game Mechanics Ability to turn off event filters

Scarecrow

Lunatic Cultist
You know how some events, (the Lunar Pillars, Blood Moon, etc.) have filters that overlay the game? make the events look more pretty? Well I have one HUGE issue with specifically the blood moon filter. It makes certain things extremely difficult to see. I realized this when I was fighting Duke Fishron. Mid-fight a blood moon decided to pop up, The blood moon effect made it nearly impossible to see the bubbles, and even difficult to see the sharknadoes. So I died because of this bull:red:.

What I propose is the ability to disable these filters via options. As pretty as they look, it's not worth them crippling my ability to play the game. I would like the ability to toggle them on and off for certain things.

Anyone else have any other issues, ore even the same issue with the filters? This can't be the only issue with them, and I can't be the only person that does have an issue with them.

I don't see why not, maybe some people also have bad FPS from the overlays too(not me, I run at full 60FPS, unless I try to use fraps lol)

So yeah, I don't see why this shouldn't be supported, I always found the blood moon overlay annoying too.

I concur. 1.3 is very laggy anyway, so the Blood Moon shreds my framerate. The Stardust Pillar is even worse.

then as an extension, the filters should be a separate option from the lighting.

Sorry, my post was kinda lame.

What I meant to say was, an option to disable the filters would be nice (I could see myself using it since my laptop is pretty crappy), but for now at least you can just change the lighting to retro.

I just realized I won't be able to finish the game. Just reached the lunar events, and the backgrounds kills me. It lags badly at my poor notebook and I can't see a way to turn that bloody blackground off(just turning the background off in the options menu doesn't work). Retro lightning won't work neither. That's it. My world fell down, literally.

Back
Top Bottom