Items Accentuator

Zyraphim

The Destroyer

This tool sold by the Dryad will turn any block into an "accented" version of itself that acts like Stone Accent Slabs
Breaking these accented blocks will drop their normal counterparts
This suggestion is based on my completely unfounded idea of how the blending / accenting system works, and I'm utterly clueless about how Terraria's engine actually functions, so I'm not sure if this is actually any easier than just making an accented version of every block in the game

Having this accented version of every block would be way too many extra items in my personal opinion. A tool might be better.

Being able to control the tile blending behaviour of blocks sounds interesting.
I'm thinking about how an accented tile could work:

A: accented tiles only blend with accented tiles of the same type
B: accented tiles only blend with accented tiles of any type
C: accented tiles only blend with tiles of the same type (accented or not)
D: something else

I'm not sure if I like A or B more.
And I think it would fit well as a coating, like illuminant and echo. (called "accent coating").

Alternatively, a weird idea:
A tool that sort of "hammers" blocks through different "blending groups". (eg, default, and groups 1-4). blending groups could blend exclusively with tiles from the same blending group, regardless of tile type, or something like that. I'm not sure I like this since it's so complicated, but it could allow for fine control over tile blending.

Having this accented version of every block would be way too many extra items in my personal opinion. A tool might be better.

Isn't this what I said?

I'm not sure if I like A or B more.
And I think it would fit well as a coating, like illuminant and echo. (called "accent coating").

A would work best because that's how all current accented blocks like the platings and team blocks work. I like the idea of a coating as much as the idea of a tool

Alternatively, a weird idea:
A tool that sort of "hammers" blocks through different "blending groups". (eg, default, and groups 1-4). blending groups could blend exclusively with tiles from the same blending group, regardless of tile type, or something like that. I'm not sure I like this since it's so complicated, but it could allow for fine control over tile blending.

Interesting. I don't think we'll ever need this much control over block blending but still interesting

Back
Top Bottom