Accidentally summoned Wall of Flesh, how to retrieve items?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spj0078

Terrarian
So, the title pretty much sums it up. Apparently had a Voodoo Guide Doll in my inventory and recklessly died in lava, with all my best gear of course. To my surprise this summoned the Wall of Flesh (my first playthrough). With all my gear the Underworld is comfortable. However, without my Ivy Whip, Spectre Boots, Demon Scythe, Imp Staff, Meteor Armor/Space Gun, Blue Horseshoe Balloon, and much more it's really tough to get over there and teleport out. Have some limited gear stored up (decent pre-hardmode armor, hooks, umbrellas, tons of potions, etc). Any advice on how to get my gear back? Any way to despawn Wall of Flesh?

Any help is appreciated.

Yeah he's gone by now. Now I just have to make it through the Underworld to find my items... Maybe I'll just dig straight down (through Underground Jungle though) right above where I died.

On a side note... I've dug a tunnel down to where I'm pretty sure I died, at least the general area. My items shouldn't despawn even in lava right? At least the rarer ones? I have not logged out. Also, while digging down I picked up all the blocks I created so nowhere near the 400 item limit should have been reached to cause despawning for that reason.

And I should be about to mouse over my items in the lava to see where they are, correct?

On a side note... I've dug a tunnel down to where I'm pretty sure I died, at least the general area. My items shouldn't despawn even in lava right? At least the rarer ones? I have not logged out. Also, while digging down I picked up all the blocks I created so nowhere near the 400 item limit should have been reached to cause despawning for that reason.

And I should be about to mouse over my items in the lava to see where they are, correct?
The rarer ones shouldn't despawn. And yes, you can mouse over them. My advice would be to find an obsidian skin potion and use it to get the items.

Eh I gave up, was a block away from falling into lava with all of my backup gear with 16 hp (and no Obsidian Skin Potion, just saw your post unfortunately) and force quit so I would have to totally start over. I've had to restart with backup gear before, wasn't too bad, just got some lucky drops recently though (Demon Scythe, Flamelash, forget what else it was so new). Thanks for the advice anyways.

Eh I gave up, was a block away from falling into lava with all of my backup gear with 16 hp (and no Obsidian Skin Potion, just saw your post unfortunately) and force quit so I would have to totally start over. I've had to restart with backup gear before, wasn't too bad, just got some lucky drops recently though (Demon Scythe, Flamelash, forget what else it was so new). Thanks for the advice anyways.
Did you have back-up saves?

Pro tip: Softcore is the only difficulty possible for non-Yrimirs. Seriously. Put all your stuff in a chest, then make a new Softcore character, go into your world, take all the stuff in the chest, then continue.

Pro tip: Softcore is the only difficulty possible for non-Yrimirs. Seriously. Put all your stuff in a chest, then make a new Softcore character, go into your world, take all the stuff in the chest, then continue.

Doing that now after getting even further than I was before (quite a binge today, no work/class), painstakingly finding floating islands, etc, all my accessories, found all the stuff i lost and more (a dark lance & sunfury), and died stupidly again. Thought I was safe with autosave off. I force quit the program (NOT Save & Exit) and reload to find my character naked. Sweet.

Don't understand why because I did some tests (taking random stuff out of chest & force quitting the same way) and it wasn't there when I reloaded.

If I had been in my home world I would have attempted to retrieve my items before force quitting; however, I was on a spree of making new worlds, digging to underworld, and spelunking.

EDIT: Just noticed in the wiki explanation of settings, game always autosaves on death... Bah. Softcore it is I guess, just hate to ALWAYS have my items, like the challenge of getting them back unless it's practically impossible (without close to the same items).

Last edited:
Unfortunate series of events here, I wish you good luck on restoring your precious possessions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom