Game Mechanics Achievement Reset

Would you support this?

• Total voters

zninja

Steampunker
Plz notice: If this is in the wrong forum, I apologize

Wouldn't it be great if there was a way to reset achievements? Then you can have fun doing them over again.

So, plz add when you update Terraria to 1.3.5, even if that is the only thing in the update.

I don't develop games, so I wouldn't know for sure, but I doubt Steam has the ability to reset achievements like that. Resetting them in game too could cause issues.

I do like this idea, though. If there's a way to do it without causing any issues I would like to see this in the game, but with a few tweaks, such as each character having their own achievements, if possible. Meaning if you unlocked one achievement on one character, that achievement wouldn't carry over to other characters.

Wouldn't it be great if there was a way to reset achievements? Then you can have fun doing them over again.

So, plz add when you update Terraria to 1.3.5, even if that is the only thing in the update.
Like @Ambitions said, I don't really think this is possible. Also, I'm not sure why you'd really want this. Maybe if they removed the "extra" achievements and left just the game-progression based ones. Also the Devs don't really read suggestions.

i DON'T have steam, and I have the downloaded version. I want to restart achievements so I could have fun getting them again. I don't know why it isn't possible. And I don't know why the achievnments are to the computer instead of the player.
[doublepost=1480642773,1480642714][/doublepost]
I don't develop games, so I wouldn't know for sure, but I doubt Steam has the ability to reset achievements like that. Resetting them in game too could cause issues.

I do like this idea, though. If there's a way to do it without causing any issues I would like to see this in the game, but with a few tweaks, such as each character having their own achievements, if possible. Meaning if you unlocked one achievement on one character, that achievement wouldn't carry over to other characters.
Then why have suggestions?

i DON'T have steam, and I have the downloaded version.
I hope you mean the legit GOG version then, right? If it is from some other source, please keep it to yourself and don't discuss it on this forum.
http://forums.terraria.org/index.ph...ation-concerning-piracy-and-scam-links.49989/

The GOG version has an 'achievements.dat' file in the folder containing worlds and players - most likely if you delete that file, the achievements will be reset. Do that at your own risk, though.

No Steam game that I'm aware of supports resetting Steam achievements - Valve probably doesn't want people to do that. There may be 3rd party workarounds for that, but we don't recommend them and ask that people not link or discuss them here.

eta: trying to modify your Steam achievements may well be a violation of your Steam Subscriber Agreement and may get your Steam account banned, from what I gather from a bit of searching. So really, don't do that.

Also the Devs don't really read suggestions.
I'm pretty sure that they do.

Last edited:
I hope you mean the legit GOG version then, right? If it is from some other source, please keep it to yourself and don't discuss it on this forum.
http://forums.terraria.org/index.ph...ation-concerning-piracy-and-scam-links.49989/

The GOG version has an 'achievements.dat' file in the folder containing worlds and players - most likely if you delete that file, the achievements will be reset. Do that at your own risk, though.

No Steam game that I'm aware of supports resetting Steam achievements - Valve probably doesn't want people to do that. There may be 3rd party workarounds for that, but we don't recommend them and ask that people not link or discuss them here.

eta: trying to modify your Steam achievements may well be a violation of your Steam Subscriber Agreement and may get your Steam account banned, from what I gather from a bit of searching. So really, don't do that.

I'm pretty sure that they do.
Yep, it was from GOG.

You know, while it may not be possible to reset the achievements GOG or Steam side, there is no reason the game itself could not host achievements. That way you could reset the game version even if it is impossible to reset the Steam/GOG version. Basically, upon completing achievement once it will activate both the game and Steam/GOG versions. When it happens in the future it will only apply to the game directly. It is very possible, though unlikely to be added.

You know, while it may not be possible to reset the achievements GOG or Steam side, there is no reason the game itself could not host achievements. That way you could reset the game version even if it is impossible to reset the Steam/GOG version. Basically, upon completing achievement once it will activate both the game and Steam/GOG versions. When it happens in the future it will only apply to the game directly. It is very possible, though unlikely to be added.
Thank you for bringing bit of sense to this thread. Clientside achievements sounds like a very good idea, and it would allow for world-governed achievements, s opposed to char-governed ones.

Back
Top Bottom