Weapons & Equip Acid-spitter

Starz

Terrarian
I actually had a long think about this

Ideally I'd say this thing should be made of 20 hallowed bars, 15 flight souls, 50 hellstone and 25 Orichalchum/Mythril, plus an Acid Core (it's expensive but it's worth it)
Only craftable after the Destroyer is destroyed
Fires 2 bullets at once. Each bullet will deal base damage.
Using Chlorophyte bullets deal half the damage and any other bullet will deal its base damage, 55 ranged.(2x because double bullets) Always inflicts the Acid Venom debuff for 15 seconds. This will stack.
Only consumes 1 ammo per shot of 2 bullets.

If it's too OP please nerf I don't want to break the game's progression
Also a new item called the Acid Core, which should be made from 25 hallowed bars and 20 Orichalchum/Mythril and is required to craft this thing
Should be upgradable with Hellstone (25 Hellstone + this thing = upgraded variant which has +20 base damage)

If this is seen ingame I'm gonna be so happy
If you need to, resprite this thing because the sprite I have made looks terrible
The one that looks like a small blob is the bullet sprite (they're labeled anyway)

Attachments

• item.png
    item.png
    2.4 KB · Views: 20
  • bullet.png
    bullet.png
    1.7 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Partial support. I like the idea of an acid inflicting debuff gun, but that crafting recipe is way too high and the instant 25% of health mechanic sounds way too broken for some bosses/enemies like EoL or Dungeon Gaurdian. I’d rework it quite a bit to fit in with other midgame HM weapons, but the basic idea still resonates with me

I don't really dislike it, but this doesn't sound like a Terraria weapon to me. Terraria weapons don't tend to involve heavy RNG like this.

Partial support. I like the idea of an acid inflicting debuff gun, but that crafting recipe is way too high and the instant 25% of health mechanic sounds way too broken for some bosses/enemies like EoL or Dungeon Gaurdian. I’d rework it quite a bit to fit in with other midgame HM weapons, but the basic idea still resonates with me
Should I just leave that out, or rework it so it scales with defense?
I've also lowered the crafting recipe.

Should I just leave that out, or rework it so it scales with defense?
I've also lowered the crafting recipe.
I really like the new changes. For the gimmick, I’d be okay if it scaled with defense as long as it was consistent. A ranged version of the blade staff would be really interesting

I think this rework is much better. A couple things, though. First, if you want it to be crafted after Destroyer is defeated, why not just replace the Souls of Flight with Souls of Might? That would make it much less of an arbitrary barrier. Second, I don't think needing an "acid core" is a good idea. A bespoke material crafted from other things that are already in the main weapon's recipe, exclusively for this one weapon, just isn't worth it. Similarly, the recipe for the weapon is just too expensive. To be honest, I don't get why the Hellstone is in the recipe, nor why it needs so much. In my opinion, it would make much more sense to remove both the Hellstone and the Acid Core from the recipe and just have it require a few Spider Fangs instead. Let's say, 12 Spider Fangs.

Back
Top Bottom