Weapons & Equip ACTUAL Shields... With special abilities!!!!!

Do you want this to be in Terraria?

• That idea is pure dumb.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

PopUpFreely

Terrarian
I thought of a great idea, adding functional shields.
You can make them from an anvil, and they come in every ore except for meteorite.
This would be put in a shield slot in your character menu thing. Your character would hold it in his/her left hand.
The effect would be a damage reduction and defense added. They would all have a different special move. (Like the shield of Cthulhu)
They would be activated in the same way ad the SoC.
(You can configure the damage reduction and mana usage to your liking.)

Chlorophyte: Shoots green spores. No mana usage. Huge damage reduction.

Cobalt: Buff yourself with Perseverance, that improves physical attack and magic attack. (Lasts 1 minute) No mana usage. Medium damage reduction.

Orichalcum: Shield instantly summons bubblegum-block-looking spikes onto the shield for 15s, and when an enemy attacks they get damaged as well. Takes mana. Medium damage reduction.

Mythril: Summons a sorcerer with full mythril armor (mythril hood) to help you for 10 minutes. (Only 1 can be summoned at once) Takes a lot of mana. Big damage reduction.

Copper, Tin: Shield bash that shoots an illusory shield. Takes mana. Tiny damage reduction.

Iron, Lead: Summons a knight to help you. Only 1 can be summoned at once. Lasts 5 minutes. Takes a lot of mana. Small damage reduction.

Silver, Tungsten: Summons a stationary whirlwind to spew out of the ground for 5 seconds. Takes a lot of mana. Medium damage reduction.

Luminite: Summons a tiny moon minion to help you. Lasts 15 minutes. Only 1 can be summoned at a time. Takes a lot of mana. Huge damage reduction.

Palladium: Buff yourself with Hatred, that improves damage the more you hit the enemy. Lasts 1 minute. Takes mana. Medium damage reduction.

Adamantite, Titanium: Buff yourself with Stance, that improves the damage reduction of the shield by 25%. Takes mana. Huge damage reduction with buff, medium without.

Platinum, Gold: Buff yourself with Stance, that improves the damage reduction of the shield by 10%. Takes little mana. Small damage reduction, medium with buff.

Demonite: Shoot a small Eater of Souls to chase enemy for 5 seconds. Takes little mana. Small damage reduction.

Crimtane: Shoot a bloody skull to chase enemy for 5 seconds. Takes little mana. Medium damage reduction.

I know some of these can be OP, but I am open to new ideas and tweaks.

I suggest that the shields could also be used as regular weapons, each one being able to use a shield bash and their special ability.

I suggest that the shields could also be used as regular weapons, each one being able to use a shield bash and their special ability.
Well, I think that defeats the purpose of a shield. :p A shield is meant to block attacks so the person using it wouldn't be hurt.

Well, I think that defeats the purpose of a shield. :p A shield is meant to block attacks so the person using it wouldn't be hurt.
actually, you could use a shield to push an enemy away, or to block and deflect a weapon. you wont just stand there cowering behind it.
anyways, these are a really neat idea, though i think they should be more like a holdable weapon (similar to swords, spears, ect.) and when you use it, it can negate a bit of the damage you take, but if you activate stat the right moment, you can knock enemies back. with the addition of secondary attacks, you could maybe right (left? which one is attack and which one is use? i have a mac laptop, no left/right, i have 1 finger click, and 2-finger click, lol) click to use the special effect.

Back
Top Bottom