Game Mechanics Add a hot key to have the Hotbar “scroll” through the rows in the inventory.

This idea is taken directly from Stardew Valley, where pressing the [Tab] key shifts the inventory’s contents, bringing the top backpack row up into the hotbar, bringing the bottom backpack row up to the top of the backpack, and sending the original hotbar row around to the bottom of the backpack. This would be an incredible tool for builders who need to have a wide variety of blocks on hand but grow weary of having to open their inventory up and shuffle things around.

Considering Terraria has 5 total rows to deal with, it would be smart to design it so there is a scroll up and scroll down, allowing directions to be easily reversed if desired. It would also be cool if select columns could be locked so they are immune to the scrolling function, which would allow players to keep certain weapons and/or tools locked in the hotbar.

As for the default keybinds, I have some ideas ([PgUp]/[PgDn], [Shift]+(WheelUP/WheelDN)), but as long as players can change them, it doesn’t really matter.

Naturally, I realize this has the potential to be a hefty UI change that presents a non-trivial coding challenge, so if it cannot be added I’d understand. My only hope then would be that it gets included in Terraria 2.0.

Not a bad thought, to be honest. I think you're right that it probably would be too much to add to Terraria now, though.

Back
Top Bottom