Game Mechanics Add a "prevent drop" or "auto-trash" and "hide crafting" option to each item the Journey mode Duplication menu.

Arcus Veles

Terrarian
Once I've got something in my loot pokédex, it'd be nice if it would stop clogging my inventory from then on, one way or another. Same goes for crafting; no need to see it at the anvil if I can pull it out of thin air.

For myself, I don't mind if those two effects are a single checkbox for both, chosen on a per item basis on the duplication menu itself - but if those two options are separated out or it's put in its own menu I'm fine with that too.

A thousand times yes! But!
chosen on a per item basis on the duplication menu itself
As long as it's ticked by default. Having to manually research every item you find and/or craft is tedious enough as it is, having to then also go into the itemdex to check its "don't clutter my inventory with this anymore" checkbox would not make me happy.

Auto-trash would definitely be nice here. Per item seems like overkill in a way though, just turn it off if you don't want to trash anything. I'd also really love to see 'research and trash everything that's not favorited in the inventory' option.

Auto-trash would definitely be nice here. Per item seems like overkill in a way though, just turn it off if you don't want to trash anything. I'd also really love to see 'research and trash everything that's not favorited in the inventory' option.
I think per item toggles are the best way to handle it because it allows you to fine tune it to your preferences. Cobwebs and Dirt Blocks can go once I've crunched them, but I would still want coins to drop even in endgame, just for the satisfaction of picking them up (all coin types are crunchable).

there's a mod called 'auto-trash' which does exactly what you think it does (with a really nice hotkey btw), so there's no need to add that to vanilla, and i imagine the devs would say 'make the mod' for any of the other suggestions
but we all have to wait for tmodloader to eventually update obviously

I disagree about it blocking crafting as well.

While the duplication tool is useful. At some point it becomes too hard to find stuff back without having to type in every item. For such situations, I prefer to keep using the crafting stations with chests to filter out the clutter.

Back
Top Bottom