NPCs & Enemies Add More Strategy!

Samplatil

Terrarian
Terraria is one of my favorite games, but if there was a lot more strategy involved, then it would take things to a whole other level. I was thinking about bosses having their own strengths and weaknesses or something like that, (maybe you guys can think of something cooler). Another thing, bosses are pretty much what makes this game the best of all, and I'm sure we would all love it if there were even more of them in the game. Keep coming out with amazing content developers :)

I am low on ideas here, but here they are;
-fore-shielded foes: foes with impervious front-sides, and pervious back-sides.

-the martial arts master: foes that would hurt you if you try to attack them, unless you counter attack them as they attack you after a short bit of waiting.

-pulsars: they sit around emitting a field of pain and self-protection which collapses and raises with a pattern in its timing.

-the trooper: will use its terrain to its advantage as it shoots at you, then takes cover.

-assorted elementals: foes that have elemental vulnerability related to what color they are, and come in mixed groups.

-the jerk: teleports into hiding after showing its face just long enough to non-instantly stab you before it hides for a short bit.

-magnetars: foes that force players and projectiles towards where they are facing.

Ok, all out.

I am low on ideas here, but here they are;
-fore-shielded foes: foes with impervious front-sides, and pervious back-sides.

-the martial arts master: foes that would hurt you if you try to attack them, unless you counter attack them as they attack you after a short bit of waiting.

-pulsars: they sit around emitting a field of pain and self-protection which collapses and raises with a pattern in its timing.

-the trooper: will use its terrain to its advantage as it shoots at you, then takes cover.

-assorted elementals: foes that have elemental vulnerability related to what color they are, and come in mixed groups.

-the jerk: teleports into hiding after showing its face just long enough to non-instantly stab you before it hides for a short bit.

-magnetars: foes that force players and projectiles towards where they are facing.

Ok, all out.

First would require yoyos and boomerangs, and likely other weapons that can allow for attacking the back.
Enough bullets will kill the second one, same with the third.
Fourth is easily defeated if there is no cover to take,
fifth would just add elemental rock paper scissors with potentially a lot of guesswork.
Six would just be annoying, and also describes kind of the teleporting enemies in the post-plantera Dungeon
Seven would actually be a bit interesting, but ultimately frustrating.

First would require yoyos and boomerangs, and likely other weapons that can allow for attacking the back.
Enough bullets will kill the second one, same with the third.
Fourth is easily defeated if there is no cover to take,
fifth would just add elemental rock paper scissors with potentially a lot of guesswork.
Six would just be annoying, and also describes kind of the teleporting enemies in the post-plantera Dungeon
Seven would actually be a bit interesting, but ultimately frustrating.
I am certain you have ideas to share?

There are a few enemies with strategic elements, such as this guy;
Selenian.png
who can reflect strong projectile attacks which will severely hurt the player if they are unwary. Besides that fighting the moon lord also has some strategic elements, such as leaving the eyes in his palms and forehead alive until they are all low enough to be taken out in quick succession, also his one laser that is shot from the eye on his forehead requires some timing... Overall though most conflicts just require skill and forethought, such as what to wear, where to battle, and which consumables to use. More strategy would be nice but it might be a little late for what is mostly a blast and smash kind of game

Last edited:
The enemies kind of have some weaknesses already. Enemies with multiple segments are weak to piercing weapons, burrowing enemies' weakness is the two weapons in the entire game that hit through tiles, it's easy to stab slimes with fast shortswords and the mist effective was of killing the Dungeon Guardian are weapons that have a great rate of fire, range and critical hit chance.

Back
Top Bottom