Game Mechanics Added reforge System

Should my suggestion above be added to Terraria 1.3?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

silent_ptr

Plantera
Hi guys, I was wondering...

If you craft a sword out of other swords (like the Night's Edge) if they already have a prefix on them it could maybe increase the chance of the Night's Edge getting a reforge upon craft?
Just wondering. P.S: Dev weapons?
P.S Can this feature be for all weapons and swords?

I don't understand what you are looking for here. A random or no prefix is given to accessories and weapons whenever they are crafted. It doesn't matter if the materials have prefix or not, the new prefix is decided upon crafting.

First thought:
image.jpg

Second thought: i was acutally thinking about dev weapons earlier, and its a good idea, but if i understand this thread correctly (which is kinda hard to do) that is completely unrelated to the topic.

All weapons and accessories have a 75% chance of receiving a random modifier when it's made, be it by crafting, purchased, looted, or dropped. That's pretty high. Still it would be better if we can get higher odds on the good modifiers. One idea is an accessory that eliminates the unwanted modifiers, the ones that are just negative state changes. How about a Blacksmith Hammer? A rare loot from chests that removes the chances of getting the negative mods when making or reforging items. It won't guarantee legendary modifiers but makes the more likely by shrinking the pool.

All weapons and accessories have a 75% chance of receiving a random modifier when it's made, be it by crafting, purchased, looted, or dropped. That's pretty high. Still it would be better if we can get higher odds on the good modifiers. One idea is an accessory that eliminates the unwanted modifiers, the ones that are just negative state changes. How about a Blacksmith Hammer? A rare loot from chests that removes the chances of getting the negative mods when making or reforging items. It won't guarantee legendary modifiers but makes the more likely by shrinking the pool.
An accessorie or a work station?

An accessorie or a work station?
Accessory. A work station would have limits on what weapons they could craft and most accessories can only be crafted at Tinkerers Workshop.

As I said I would name it something like Blacksmith Hammer. Like the discount card it would make be helpful when a few things, but not battle. It could work on drops if you like.

Accessory. A work station would have limits on what weapons they could craft and most accessories can only be crafted at Tinkerers Workshop.

As I said I would name it something like Blacksmith Hammer. Like the discount card it would make be helpful when a few things, but not battle. It could work on drops if you like.
That sounds good, but we should try not to make in to complicated. And how do you plan on having the Blacksmith Hammer obtained? If it's good, that WOULD be a very good idea I reckon!

Back
Top Bottom