Items adding paint bombs

Sure, but we have items that can more or less achieve this. High building speed + Spectre paint tools can cover wide areas very quickly, and you can also equip the Paint Sprayer to paint blocks automatically as you place them.

Sure, but we have items that can more or less achieve this. High building speed + Spectre paint tools can cover wide areas very quickly, and you can also equip the Paint Sprayer to paint blocks automatically as you place them.
true but if youre trying to paint blocks that where already there the paint sprayer doesnt work and the spectre paint set is harder to obtain and is only availiblepost plantara pixeltree

Hey Red, I think it would be a cool idea if you added paint bombs, painting big areas is a hassle sometimes, adding this would be great for builders! Thanks!
One thing I have to ask: how would you be able to obtain these in the game? Would they be crafted, or would a specific NPC need to sell them to you, or would there be some other method of obtaining them? Personally, I would probably have a crafting recipe for them.
  • 1 Dry Bomb
  • 25 Paint of any given color / 25 of either kind of coating (Echo or Illuminant)
    • Results: 1 Paint/Coating Bomb of the inputted type of paint/coating.
My rationale for this is that it would be parallel to the crafting recipe required for dirt bombs, as those also cost 25 dirt to craft one of. Furthermore, it would also give more use to the Dry bombs than only being used for destroying liquids(or crafting ordinary liquid bombs), as paint is a liquid before it dries!

Last edited:
One thing I have to ask: how would you be able to obtain these in the game? Would they be crafted, or would a specific NPC need to sell them to you, or would there be some other method of obtaining them? Personally, I would probably have a crafting recipe for them.
  • 1 Dry Bomb
  • 25 Paint of any given color / 25 of either kind of coating (Echo or Illuminant)
    • Results: 1 Paint/Coating Bomb of the inputted type of paint/coating.
My rationale for this is that it would be parallel to the crafting recipe required for dirt bombs, as those also cost 25 dirt to craft one of. Furthermore, it would also give more use to the Dry bombs than only being used for destroying liquids(or crafting ordinary liquid bombs), as paint is a liquid before it dries!

I think that's a great way to obtain them through crafting, also I think that being able to combine this with dirt bombs would be cool

also the spectre set just increases the painting range not the speed and it cant even reach the end of the sceen%:sigh:

also the spectre set just increases the painting range not the speed and it cant even reach the end of the sceen%:sigh:
Ok...? Just get closer. Paint bombs wouldn't solve the range problem either, since bombs have limited trajectory. I want to clarify that I don't think this is a bad idea at all, but I also don't think that it solves very many problems. It would just be a slightly faster, slightly more expensive, and noticeably less efficient way of painting large areas.

Ok...? Just get closer. Paint bombs wouldn't solve the range problem either, since bombs have limited trajectory. I want to clarify that I don't think this is a bad idea at all, but I also don't think that it solves very many problems. It would just be a slightly faster, slightly more expensive, and noticeably less efficient way of painting large areas.
true but what do you suggest would make it more efficient?

true but what do you suggest would make it more efficient?
I think, rather than paint bombs, we want a paint sprayer. It functions like the Clentaminator, applying paint over large areas. It would also be really expensive, likely consuming dozens of buckets of paint per shot, but it would be very very fast and easy to use, as well as saving efficiency because it only uses a paint bucket if it actually paints a block, as opposed to a paint bomb which would always take 25 buckets even if you don't paint 25 blocks.

I think, rather than paint bombs, we want a paint sprayer. It functions like the Clentaminator, applying paint over large areas. It would also be really expensive, likely consuming dozens of buckets of paint per shot, but it would be very very fast and easy to use, as well as saving efficiency because it only uses a paint bucket if it actually paints a block, as opposed to a paint bomb which would always take 25 buckets even if you don't paint 25 blocks.
when i thought of paint bombs this came to mind 2 so ill make another thread and give you credit:kingslime::hoppinjack::rslime::joy::pinky::gslime::bluslime::yslime::pslime::bslime::islime::lslime::cslime::sslime:

Back
Top Bottom