Weapons & Equip Adding some craftable Early-HM Grappling Hooks ⛓️🪝

Impostor

The Axe
Hook Progression is good for the most part, Every hook feels appropriate for where it is. But the only craftable hook in HM is the Lunar Hook, with the others being dropped. I find this really weird and think adding some craftable hooks in early HM to transition to the dropped ones would be nice.

Cobalt through Titanium Hooks give a good 6 possibilities, but I also think a Web Slinger upgrade crafted with Spider Fangs would be fun, or a Squirrel Hook upgrade of some sorts you could get from the Hallow's materials. Maybe even new gimmicks like a Skeletron Prime Vice Hook that deals a small amount of damage when it hits enemies while firing.

This wouldn't replace the dual hook or biome mimic hooks in purpose, just offer an alternative that new players could actively seek after seeing the crafting recipes for. What do you guys think?

Hook Progression is good for the most part, Every hook feels appropriate for where it is. But the only craftable hook in HM is the Lunar Hook, with the others being dropped. I find this really weird and think adding some craftable hooks in early HM to transition to the dropped ones would be nice.

Cobalt through Titanium Hooks give a good 6 possibilities, but I also think a Web Slinger upgrade crafted with Spider Fangs would be fun, or a Squirrel Hook upgrade of some sorts you could get from the Hallow's materials. Maybe even new gimmicks like a Skeletron Prime Vice Hook that deals a small amount of damage when it hits enemies while firing.

This wouldn't replace the dual hook or biome mimic hooks in purpose, just offer an alternative that new players could actively seek after seeing the crafting recipes for. What do you guys think?
Spider upgrade I think fits best.

Back
Top Bottom