Weapons & Equip additional summon types

Scarecrow

Lunatic Cultist
The summoner is a neat concept for a class, however, even with the addition of all the new summoner gear, the summoner seems to lack its potential. you have your basic following summons, and turrets. that's about it. so... why limit summons to those 2 types? why does every summon have to directly attack enemies? that's what this suggestion is about, adding more summoner weapons, all of which have a different effect.

all of them consume 10 mana, and have no base damage
All effects stack with each additional support minion.

Wrath Staff
Wrath Scepter.png

type: minion
use time: average
summons a wrathful spirit that increases your damage (4% to you, and 2% to minions)
all attack minions will penetrate 4 defense
crafted with 20 souls of fright, and 15 hallowed bars

Holy Staff
Holy Scepter.png

summons a pixie that provides dim light and increases life regeneration by 0.3 per second
all attack minion damage has a 10% chance to make a star fall from the sky for additional damage.
crafted with 15 hallowed bars, 15 souls of light, and 3 life crystals.

beetle staff
beetle-staff-png.141174

summons titan beetles that increase your defense by 4, each.
increases minion knockback by 2
crafted with 15 beetle husks, and 15 chlorophyte bars

SZGamer Borrowed this weapon to be used in one of his suggestion
click here for more details

Starforce Staff
Starforce Staff.png

summons a star spirit that increases max mana by 20, and increases mana regeneration by 0.3 per second
.5% of all minion damage is returned as mana
crafted with 10 spectre bars, and 50 fallen stars

hologram Staff
hologram Staff.png

summons a targeting hologram that increases crit rate by 4%, and increases all projectile velocity by 4%
has a secondary attack function, using the staff while your cursor is over an enemy will make a hologram hover over that enemy. All attack minions will attack that enemy specifically.
crafted with 15 shroomite bars, and 15 nanites

Shield Staff
Shield Staff.png

type: stationary
Summons a guardian angel statue that will protect the area around it from projectiles. Enemies are still able to enter the bubble. All players within the bubble have increased life regeneration, and mana regeneration. The bubble is the same size as the inferno buff bubble.
dropped by the paladin

Spirit Staff
Spirit Staff.png

summons a possessive spirit, the spirit possesses other enemies to deal damage. for every 10 defense the enemy has, it will take 1 additional spirit for it to be possessed. bosses cannot be possessed.
possessed enemies will attack other enemies, and will glow a light blue to indicate their debuff. enemies under this influence can still be damaged by the player, and other enemies.
if possessed enemies have nothing to attack, they will attempt to leave the screen, resulting in them despawning, and the spirits possessing them to return to the player.
crafted with 50 spooky wood, and 10 spectre bars

feedback is always appreciated.

Last edited:
I can't believe I forgot to like your post. :p

Anyways, these sprites still need to have transparent backgrounds. Just saying.

Reactions: Bas
How the hell did I miss this? Yes to having more minions to assist in the slaughter.

I just noticed assisting is what they do. Excellent.

These are all very original, and I like 'em! (As I did on TO, ofc.)

Nevertheless, I would prefer if these minions could attack as well as providing assistance, at the cost of being weaker than pure-combat minions.

These are all very original, and I like 'em! (As I did on TO, ofc.)

Nevertheless, I would prefer if these minions could attack as well as providing assistance, at the cost of being weaker than pure-combat minions.
that they don't attack is what I like about them :p

Is the hawk summon a Castle Crashers reference? There was a pet hawk that would bring you healing items (and also peck enemies on the head) in it.

Also, definite support.

These are all really awesome, but i do feel like a few should be able to damage. Wrath spirit for sure. The voodoo staff seems sort of underwhelming, but might be really good on a magic class.

These are all really awesome, but i do feel like a few should be able to damage. Wrath spirit for sure. The voodoo staff seems sort of underwhelming, but might be really good on a magic class.
I probably didn't emphasize the slow down thing enough, I imagine it to be somewhere around an 80% speed debuff.

Tomorrow, this suggestion is gonna be cleaned up a bit. First I would like to address people wanting these to also attack. I thought about it, but now I have an even better idea. These minions will provide their buff to the player, and another passive effect to each attack minion.
For example, Wrath Scepter will not only boost your damage, but it will also imbue minions with fire (again just as an example)

Secondly, I am revamping all of the sprites. Some are simply being cleaned up, others will be totally resprited. Here's a teaser.
Wrath Scepter.png

That starforce staff will make for some excellent mage/summoner playstyles. This makes being a summoner have more strategy than just fire and forget, I support.

Lol great job i love summoners and something like this would be cool. You should work in armors and accesories too btw.

So amazing! It's like a maze! 0.o

Anyway, love it! This would make summoner even more worthwhile! At least one has to get added. :D

The only thing I can add is I feel they should be able to give the player buffs to nearby team mates too, because to me summoner has always felt a bit like a support class because of its low defense and hands off combat style.

Back
Top Bottom