Game Mechanics Adjust or Remove Luck Mechanic

Fred_WL11

Terrarian
For those of you who are unaware there is a new mechanic in 1.4 called luck which can affect your chances mainly of loot drops, damage, spawns. The main thing which is gonna affect your luck in the game are ladybug's, luck potions and torches and more. What I mean by torches is that if your going around placing regular torches you will actually get punished and your luck will decrease meaning if your fighting a boss in a certain biome and only have placed regular torches around you your damage and loot chances will be affected. If you don't want your luck to decrease then you will need to place biome specific torches in the biome your exploring in e.g Jungle Torches for the Jungle. The problem with this is that not many players are aware of this in the game and are unaware that their odd's are being negatively affected for playing the game normally. The only way I'm aware of to see the level of your luck is to talk to the wizard in hardmode. I think that this mechanic should be removed as a whole or adjusted to not have a negative on the player as a lot of players are unaware of it's causes and effects.

Edit: They removed the negative effects of luck from all sources except ladybugs and there is no penalty for using regular torches. You still get more luck for using biome torches in the corresponding biomes. That was fast fix thank you re-logic.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom