Game Mechanics Allow crafting stations in Guide's "Crafting" menu

Olivempa

Terrarian
As simple as title states. Allow any crafting station (Workbench, Anvil, Furnace etc.) to be used in Guide's Crafting menu.

Hellforge
is the only item that is crafting station and material at the same time. For this case I think its recipes as crafting station should be displayed. For all other items there is no ambiguity what recieps to list.

If this were the case, players would never have to use the actually crafting stations themselves.
I think perhaps you misunderstand -- or maybe I'm the one that is misunderstanding? What Olivempa is suggesting is that e.g. if you put an Iron Anvil in the Guide's crafting menu, it will show you all of the recipes for things you can craft at an Iron Anvil. The remark about Hellforge is because it's both a crafting material (in Adamantite / Titanium Forge) and a crafting station (for Hellstone Bars). You don't actually craft anything from the Guide.

Olivempa, is that correct? If so, then this sounds like a good idea to me.

I think perhaps you misunderstand -- or maybe I'm the one that is misunderstanding? What Olivempa is suggesting is that e.g. if you put an Iron Anvil in the Guide's crafting menu, it will show you all of the recipes for things you can craft at an Iron Anvil. The remark about Hellforge is because it's both a crafting material (in Adamantite / Titanium Forge) and a crafting station (for Hellstone Bars). You don't actually craft anything from the Guide.

Olivempa, is that correct? If so, then this sounds like a good idea to me.
If that's the case, then it sounds like a pretty good idea. But what about items that you can craft by hand? I feel like this should function differently. Maybe as another option when talking to the guide.

If that's the case, then it sounds like a pretty good idea. But what about items that you can craft by hand? I feel like this should function differently. Maybe as another option when talking to the guide.
Perhaps the Guide should show you hand-craftable items when there is nothing in the crafting box.

Empty: Show things crafted by hand -- this should also include situational recipes like Dirt + stand near Water = Mud
Ingredient: Show everything that uses the item as an ingredient in the crafting recipes
Crafting Station: Show every crafting recipe you can craft at that crafting station
Both I & CS: Show both the recipes it's used in and what you can craft at it

But what about items that you can craft by hand?

I think this list should be displayed immediately after player chooses Crafting menu and whenewer selected material/crafting station slot is empty. As player selects no crafting station, game displays recieps with no crafting station.

This idea would improve the game for new and old players alike, which is important because many people I try to introduce become frustrated due to the lack of tutorial mechanics.

Back
Top Bottom