TCF Suggestion Allow more than 100 links in signature

Aceplante

Official Terrarian
Title, maybe provided they're in subsequent spoilers?

Take my signature for example. Everything is nearly categorized in spoilers, yet I cannot add more becuase "Your signature may only have 100 link(s)."

@Unit One

Title, maybe provided they're in subsequent spoilers?

Take my signature for example. Everything is nearly categorized in spoilers, yet I cannot add more becuase "Your signature may only have 100 link(s)."

@Unit One
Hmmm, I can see how it would be valuable and useful for you in particular. I worry about our general member-base though, those that can get pretty spammy, and would post 250 links to random Bee Movie scripts for the lawls.

Do you have a Portfolio of all your suggestions in the suggestion section? A thread that includes all the links to all your suggestions - you are allowed to do that. And then maybe put that as your first link in your signature... ala "See all my suggestions here".

Another possibility would be to put all those links into the About section of your profile, then linking to that in your signature.

A potential problem with having a large number of links/images in your signature is that it gets posted every time you post, and that may have a performance impact for the forum as a whole. I'm sure there is some sort of caching that occurs, but we really don't have a way to measure what might happen.

I can't even find where we could possibly change that limit, meaning that it's likely deep in the code source for the forum software and not meant to be changed.

Another possibility would be to put all those links into the About section of your profile, then linking to that in your signature.

A potential problem with having a large number of links/images in your signature is that it gets posted every time you post, and that may have a performance impact for the forum as a whole. I'm sure there is some sort of caching that occurs, but we really don't have a way to measure what might happen.

I can't even find where we could possibly change that limit, meaning that it's likely deep in the code source for the forum software and not meant to be changed.
Fair enough. Yea, Like I said, there could be a restriction that these links must be in spoilers, but for now, if its not an easy fix, a separate post (like unit suggested) would work too.

Edit: before I do that, what would be the proper thread for it?

Fair enough. Yea, Like I said, there could be a restriction that these links must be in spoilers, but for now, if its not an easy fix, a separate post (like unit suggested) would work too.

Edit: before I do that, what would be the proper thread for it?
Here's an example of someone else doing it. You make a new thread in the Game Suggestion section, and you list out links to all of your suggestions. Adding the tag "Portfolio" helps people know that lots of different ideas are included, and you can spiff it up with formatting as much or as little as you want.

Example: Portfolio/Multi-Topic - My Terraria Suggestion Portfolio

Back
Top Bottom