tModLoader Alloys Aplenty

andrej88

Terrarian
xUfeULE.png

Mod version: 0.8
tModLoader version: 0.6

Alloys Aplenty is a mod that spices up the early game by adding several new gems and metals to play with. It's not quite done I but I feel like it's a point where it adds enough to the game for it to be enjoyable! (At least, I find it enjoyable ;))

I'm not really happy with a couple of the sprites (bronze tools/armor and the gem robes). Suggestions on how to fix those up are more than welcome. And any feedback on the mod in general would be very much appreciated!

Features

There are seven new alloys added by this mod, four of which can be crafted into weapons, tools, and armor.

MTHqK1B.png
Bronze is an alloy of tin and copper, but as strong as iron. Crafting with bronze is more efficient than using any other metal.
dH1gWYq.png
Mixing gold and silver yields Electrum. Lightweight and quick as lightning, but very soft and weak.
TvW32w4.png
A complex alloy of electrum and copper, Hepatizon imbues its wearer with the power to lob objects fast and far.
4Ts2GHo.png
Tungsteel is a scratch-resistant iron-tungsten alloy that can be used to craft sturdy, tough, and heavy equipment.
mrx4fwG.png
Copper and gold mix to create Rose Gold - too soft for tools and weapons, but can substitute gold in any other recipe that calls for it.
FGiX82b.png
Diluting platinum with silver creates a sort of Fools' Platinum - like Rose Gold, it is too soft to craft into equipment but good for anything else.
ePSSGm2.png
Tin and Lead create a soft Solder alloy with a low melting point. One bar of solder makes five wires.

In addition, four new gems spawn in the world (well, they will when that becomes possible):

YN1psx0.png
Quartz spawns in large quantities in underground deserts.
NFF55yt.png
Garnet forms in the marble caves.
Rz01PbH.png
Peridot spawns in granite caverns.
07VXyXr.png
Opal is found in underground mushroom forests.

Since the gems cannot yet generate naturally, a temporary workaround I have implemented is to make the gems drop from per-hardmode mobs in their respective biomes (ie quartz drops from antlion enemies, peridot from granite golems, etc).

Metals and gems can be crafted into most of the standard vanilla items:

viglDwV.png

In addition, garnet, peridot, and opal can be used to craft red, green, and multicolored stained glass walls respectively.

Recipes for all items are just like their vanilla counterparts, with the biggest difference being that bronze equipment is slightly cheaper.

For those who likes stats and tables and stuff, here's a spreadsheet formatted similar to the pages on the Terraria wiki.

This mod also makes all eight vanilla metal bar recipes require three ore.

Download/Installation

First, download and install tModLoader if you haven't already. Make sure you have the version listed at the top of this page.

Then, either:

a) Open Terraria, click "Mod Browser" on the main menu, and find "Alloys Aplenty" in the list.

OR

b) Download the mod directly by clicking here, then drag it into the "ModLoader\Mods" folder in the Terraria folder on your computer. (On Windows, the default location is C:\Users\<yourname>\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mods).

To-Do List

There's still a few features I want to add before I call it done, some aren't yet possible in the current version of tModLoader.
  • Shortswords
  • Grappling hooks
  • Gem torches
  • Metal bricks
  • Metal Chandeliers
  • Fix how placed metal bars work.

Thanks for checking out the mod and I hope you enjoy it!

Last edited:
In addition, four new gems spawn in the world with Alloys Aplenty:

YN1psx0.png
Quartz spawns in large quantities in underground deserts.
NFF55yt.png
Garnet forms in the marble caves.
Rz01PbH.png
Peridot spawns in granite caverns.
07VXyXr.png
Opal is found in underground mushroom forests.

It is possible to add things that generate in the world? I did not know that.
By the way I love the mod.

An idea might to be to have an uncommon chance to spawn an enemy that is completely harmless in a biome with 1 hp textured as an ore with no ai.This might work as a way to get custom ore but im not so sure about ore progression working.

An idea might to be to have an uncommon chance to spawn an enemy that is completely harmless in a biome with 1 hp textured as an ore with no ai.This might work as a way to get custom ore but im not so sure about ore progression working.

That's not a bad idea actually. There wouldn't be a problem with ore progression because all these ores are meant to be available at the start. However that seems like more work than necessary for just a temporary workaround to the whole no-worldgen thing. But thanks for the suggestion!

i was just wondering if this was still alive

Actual development is on hiatus for the time being but I will still be keeping it updated to the current version of tModLoader. If you have more pressing concerns (mod doesn't work or something), PM me as I will be more likely to see it that way.

I tried to download the mod but it will not show up in my mod list with the other ones and I do not know how to fix this does anyone know how to help thank you for all the replies

Back
Top Bottom