PC Am I the only one mad at the world gen?

rogerhnn

Terrarian
So, I keep asking myself if I am the only one mad at the world generation method right now... Why the game can't generate the world with each biome on its space? I keep getting corruption with forest biome together or some weird stuff.

For example, the world I was playing with my friend yesterday. How am I suppose to get the water chests since I cannot go there? I took this screenshot of TEdit to show that the water chests were generated outside the limit the player can access.

5dY6po5.png

So we get mad and generate a new world, medium size, expert mode. This is what we got:
tnbTn8G.jpg

See how the world generated 2 corruptions, and one inside the snow biome? And there was space available to generate the other corruption on the left of the jungle biome...

Another try:
zzUFuFP.jpg

This one was a better result, but see how the ocean at the right is much higher than the rest of the desert surface?

Also I think that they can add a Ocean Biome.
Change the worlds size too. Now we have small (4200x1200), medium (6400x1800), and the insane large (8400x2400). I say insane because you lose too much time to get from one place to another. To get from the surface to hell for example.
Take this example of large world:

WueAxf1.jpg

See how I mean the world is boring? Its all the same except that the Snow and Forest biome are larger...

It would be good if we have large worlds from left to right I think. And, if they add a Ocean Biome would be nice! With islands and treasures.
Example of my idea:
wq2xd2c.jpg

See what I mean? In this example I just cloned one part of the world to show my idea.
Right now I think its too pointless to go to the left/right borders of the world just to get 2 chests, If we had something there, like an Island, it would be cool!

My corruption /Crimson is in the snow a lot so I don't think much about it but I'd love to see more of an ocean biome as well than what it is currently. How about a lihzard temple-esque Atlantis under the ocean? Go and fight Poseidon for some ocean gear.

Press F9 to cycle through the lighting options, different settings will change the size of the accessible world and may allow you to get those chests.

As for the Corruption... meh, it can spawn anywhere away from the centre, keeps it interesting.

And the ocean biome suggestion has been made many times before in the suggestion forums (mostly at the old forums, TO) so go find them if you want to contribute to them.

RNG, rocking and mocking your world since 2011.

As long as my jungle is left alone I don't really care where corruption/crimson is spawning. It can't do much harm in the snow biome, that's for sure.
Seamless borders would be a dream though. I'd love to be able to walk around the world.

I'm not sure if its bad luck or a bug but I created a Large World and 3 floating lakes spawned but only 2 Floating Islands with chests.... random generation ripping me off and wasting my time..

World Gen is just a jerk in general. So often my worlds come with Corruption/Crimson right in the middle of the snow biome(few times long ago I got them in the jungle, forget if that was patched out or anything), or insane vertical walls between Ocean and the next biome. It's even worse when you trigger hardmode, and your hallow line goes into original corruption.

Would be really nice if gen didn't overlap biomes like that, but oh well. It's weird and I've come to accept that.

I really wish I could make a tundra/temperate/desert world instead of having them mashed up on one. Never enough of a single biome for my taste, even on a large world.

I would like it if they eliminated the edges of the map and used wrap around so you could start in one direction and keep going until you got back where you started from... there would only be one ocean, but it would be twice as wide... :)

Yeah, world generation is sometimes a pain.

I remember myself starting a world with Crimson biomes on the left and right sides next to the spawn. Just great...

I'm mad at the world gen when corruption destroys my beautiful ice/jungle biome.
If only they could be limited to the, uhm, grass biome? no clue what it's called.... Slime Galore Biome, that's it!

Exactly what I think... They should fix this. Each biome must have its own space... And on larger worlds larger biomes don't help anything... We need more.
For example, on a large world we should have 2 jungles, 2 ice biomes, 2 corruptions/crimson areas, more deserts and everything on its own space... That would be awesome.

Yesterday I had an idea. I will create a topic about it later (it will involve custom maps :D)

I really wish I could make a tundra/temperate/desert world instead of having them mashed up on one. Never enough of a single biome for my taste, even on a large world.
It would be nice if they even let you pick between Crimson/Corruption, rather than relying on the whim of the RNGods, especially when you're trying to find one or the other while generating Large worlds.

Mono-biome worlds would be cool, though. I still want to create an aquatic world someday, but Angler is being stingy with the Bucket, and I'd rather not cheat with a world editor.

It would be nice if they even let you pick between Crimson/Corruption, rather than relying on the whim of the RNGods, especially when you're trying to find one or the other while generating Large worlds.

Mono-biome worlds would be cool, though. I still want to create an aquatic world someday, but Angler is being stingy with the Bucket, and I'd rather not cheat with a world editor.

What I do to get corruption/crimson is just force close terraria until the one I want shows on generation screen lol.
Would be nice if they let you pick though, could let you choose between Corruption/Crimson/Random.

What I do to get corruption/crimson is just force close terraria until the one I want shows on generation screen lol.
Would be nice if they let you pick though, could let you choose between Corruption/Crimson/Random.

I agree! Also, I feel that unless you get an early Rotted Fork, the BoC is much more difficult than the EoW.

I am creating a custom world using a good generated one. I am placing the corruption underground and the crimson on the surface. So it will have both. Also The jungle and the ice biomes will be unique, with mountains. I will include too a ocean biome with islands and a volcano too. Accepting suggestions as well.

Back
Top Bottom