AMD Ryzen Discussion

Burnscars

Fire Bad
I've had my eye on the AMD Zen project for a few years, which eventually bore the Ryzen chips a few months ago. I had a car accident and couldn't get my hands on one, and was wondering if any of the members here had play-tested any of them?

The stats are to drool for, the prices are rather low, and the voltage ranges from 65 to 95 watts instead of 125 to 220 watts, yet performs 50% better per core over the old Bulldozer descendants. Is this the return of AMD?

Intel fans can rejoice as well, prices on the i7 are PLUMMETING. It's a good time to get your hands on the legendary i7 Kaby Lake. AMD is no longer just a "poor man's" choice though, they offer a very beastly 500$ 8-core. It looks like Intel and AMD are once again neck-and-neck. Competition is always best when it's hot, and the Coffee Lake is going to be very interesting. They say they have redesigned their 14nm architecture, and that has me excited.

galv5Il.gif

I heard that, despite incredible performance, software isn't optimized for this new architecture, and it suffers in the area of compatibility with certain programs, but when it works it performs slightly beyond anything else.

I will be getting one eventually, but until then I'd like to know what this community thinks about it.

Back
Top Bottom