Mobile Android, moving tablets (solution in first reply)

mmace

Terrarian
Both my kids are moving over to new tablets, can anyone help with how to move across their worlds and characters (locally saved)?

I've done it in the past using Helium Backup, after restoring, it says "couldn't find obb data", I figured it out about a year ago and eventually got it working but I cannot remember how I did it!

Files are around 52mb in obb and data.
I could have sworn I put the solution on here last time but I cannot see it at all.

Is there anything built in to the game that will allow me to move over from one tablet to the other? (Both have SD slots if needed.)

Thanks

This is the paid version of the game, both tablets on 5.0

OK, got it going. Here's the full steps if anyone wants to move from one Android device to another, without root.

1. Backup using Helium to the cloud (requires Helium premium), for this you need to enable USB debugging and have ADB drivers installed on your PC. You have to back up to the cloud with Helium, saving locally only allows you to restore to the same device, even if you move the data. Cloud save is only available in the premium version.

2. Install and run Terraria on the new tablet (no need to create anything, just get it to the menu)

3. Use something like ES Fine explorer. Go to the SD Card, then the Android folder, in there first go in to the obb folder and rename the Terraria folder, just add something like .bk to the end of the name, go back to the Android folder then in to the data folder and rename the Terraria folder in there.

4. Restore your backup in Helium to the new tablet.

5. Try and run it, within seconds it will error, quit the app

6. Back in ES File explorer, go in to the folders as before, delete any new Terraria folders, rename the old ones back to what they were called (remove the .bk if that's all you added)

7. Launch Terraria again and all your old stuff is there.

Thank you so much for figuring this out! I used a program called the android terraria backer-upper (google it or its on these forums somehwere), it makes the process much easier and free but I had the same problem with obb files and this solved it thank you!

You Sir are officially the hero of my two boys!

They had spent a lot of time on their tablets developing their worlds when randomly both versions would not load and came up with 'failed install/download'.

I backed up the versions using Helium and re-installed. This bought up the OBB problem. Using your method however has totally solved it. I have spent a fair few hours on this now so happy boys and happy me!

Back
Top Bottom