Another mod request; simple global NPC enhancer

General Milky

Terrarian
I've been playing through several times, and come to a bit of a conclusion. Expert Mode is sometimes too much. Later in the game, things deal way too much damage to be reasonably taken on with anything but the very best available, but at the same time, normal mode is baby-easy. I'd love to see a mod that slaps a 2x health modifier on every mob like Expert (mostly) does, but without the ludicrous damage increase, too. Between this and Boss Expertise, it'd be possible to play an "expert lite" in normal mode for a more easygoing experience that is nevertheless not quite as brainless as normal mode can be.

I've been playing through several times, and come to a bit of a conclusion. Expert Mode is sometimes too much. Later in the game, things deal way too much damage to be reasonably taken on with anything but the very best available, but at the same time, normal mode is baby-easy. I'd love to see a mod that slaps a 2x health modifier on every mob like Expert (mostly) does, but without the ludicrous damage increase, too. Between this and Boss Expertise, it'd be possible to play an "expert lite" in normal mode for a more easygoing experience that is nevertheless not quite as brainless as normal mode can be.
This can be very easily done via a mod.
Do you want me to get you something together? It won't be anything fancy (no menu options or anything) but you can always turn the mod off if you're done with it.

This can be very easily done via a mod.
Do you want me to get you something together? It won't be anything fancy (no menu options or anything) but you can always turn the mod off if you're done with it.

That would be lovely. I know there are a few out there already like Zockula's ToHard, and NPC booster, but those two don't really hit the note I'm looking for, which is, well, the expert health boosts, but without the damage increases. I am aware bosses will end up with MORE health than they typically get in Expert, but that's okay, really.

That would be lovely. I know there are a few out there already like Zockula's ToHard, and NPC booster, but those two don't really hit the note I'm looking for, which is, well, the expert health boosts, but without the damage increases. I am aware bosses will end up with MORE health than they typically get in Expert, but that's okay, really.
Allright, I've just made something quick. Note that this is subject to change, so if you feel like anything is off, let me know and we can develop this further!
(The mod is on the ModBrowser, but I've also included a .zip file containing the .tmod file. Just in case).

Attachments

• NPCNormalModeModifiers.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 128
Allright, I've just made something quick. Note that this is subject to change, so if you feel like anything is off, let me know and we can develop this further!

I did some quick testing on an old world. Determined that maybe some of the later bosses (Moon Lord, mostly, who becomes a straight up marathon boss) have a bit TOO much HP like this, and some of the other features of Expert are missing even with Boss Expertise, such as additional debuffs and the like from common mobs. Is it possible instead to do the opposite? A mod that REDUCES damage in Expert by half, leaving everything else alone. How would enemy projectiles be effected by this, too, assuming they do not count as NPC's?

I did some quick testing on an old world. Determined that maybe some of the later bosses (Moon Lord, mostly, who becomes a straight up marathon boss) have a bit TOO much HP like this, and some of the other features of Expert are missing even with Boss Expertise, such as additional debuffs and the like from common mobs. Is it possible instead to do the opposite? A mod that REDUCES damage in Expert by half, leaving everything else alone. How would enemy projectiles be effected by this, too, assuming they do not count as NPC's?
Very much possible Yeah!
I'll get to this tomorrow, since it does require a bit more time. I'll get to it, though, no worries.

Also thought of something. In Expert, player defense is more potent, so cutting enemy damage in half would end up being less than what Normal would deal. Maybe a number between would be ideal, like 25% off instead of 50.

I like the idea of an extra option during world creation, just having only the option to choose 'normal' or 'expert' is pretty empty. a difficulty between those would be nice.

Back
Top Bottom