Items Any ideas for new dye's in Terraria? and ideas from me Hollow azai :-)

SICKO MODE

Terrarian
this post is about ideas about dye's from you and me (note i will keep updating this since a moderator said it was the right thing to do).

the dye,s i am thinking of is corruption/ crimson dye, corruption is purple with green dots and the crimson one is dripping red, you can obtain from the dye trader after you have beaten the eater of worlds/ the brain of Cthulhu.

leinfor's dye and arkahalis's dye, leinfor's dye is dark purple sliding down and arkahalis's dye is blue and white, you can obtain from a treasure bag (drop's from bosses in expert mode but I,m pretty sure you know that).

radiant dye which is an bright yellow which flashes every 2 seconds, obtain by making it with pale yellow dye (i will explain a bit further in the forum or thread) and pixie dust.

pale variants for red blue green and so on, the pale variants are very VERY light, you can obtain the pale variants by crafting it with a bright variant of color with an extra silver dye.

yoraizor's substance which is an red, black and white dye which rotates in a circular formation, you can obtain by treasure bags or from the "yoraizor boss battle" coming up in the next update (i do not know if it was cut).

wet variants for red blue green and so on (again), wet variants drip like the gel dyes except more frequently (and speaking of gel dyes the next idea is about more gel dyes), you can obtain by crafting with a basic dye with a bottle full of water.

like what i said more gel dye's, the extra gel dye's will not need something like pink gel instead you need basic dye crafting ingredients (like red husk for red, cyan husk for cyan and so on).

static dye which is a dye which give you shacking yellow lines on your armor, you can obtain from the dye trader after you defeat at least one of the mechanical bosses (you might not care about dye's at this stage but who knows...oh wait you know)

lava dye which looks like an orange flow going down, obtain by crafting with orange dye and h***stone (i think it will offend some people)

space dye which makes you have the twilight hair dye effect except not so purple, obtain by going to space once then then give the dye trader a strange plant.

mechanical dye which looks grey and flashing red spots, drops from one of the mechanical bosses with a 50/155 chance of dropping.

swamp creatures skin which makes you look like a swamp creature (swamp creatures are a solar eclipse enemy which you find in the solar eclipse just telling you even if you know), obtain from the dye trader after you had one solar eclipse in your world.

aquarium dye which makes you look like you have fish inside yourself, obtain from the dye trader after your first fishing quest.

sun dye which looks like absolute dye (that dye is in part one of this post) except with orange lines, obtain in hardmode (after you beat the wall of flesh) then give the dye trader a strange plant.

moon dye which looks white with grey dots, do the same thing as the sun dye to obtain.

eclipse dye which looks black with a rotating yellow, obtain by crafting with sun and moon dye at a dye vat.

dynadye which looks like red and black stripes with little orange/yellow sparks coming from the top, obtain by crafting with 1 dynamite and a bottle.

pink and blue dynadye you probably know what its going to look like, obtain by using the dynamite you want and a bottle.

virus dye which looks dark silver dye with dark red "virus" particles coming out, obtain by crafting with silver dye and vile/vicious powder.

antivirus dye which looks light silver with aqua "antivirus" particles coming out, obtain by crafting with silver dye and purification powder.

gem dye which looks like the gem you crafted the dye and is also shiny with, obtain by crafting with 1 type of gem and a water bottle.

hyper variants which looks like your clothes except with the selected crafting recipe as a little beam above you, obtain by crafting with any dye, a lunar fragment and a luminite bar at a ancient manipulator.

scarab dye which looks like a blue and black Hades like dye,obtain from a pyramid.

i do have an idea for a feature featuring dyes (drum roll please) dye your items and weapons it will work like this, there is a little box next to dye able items (like swords, wands and wire cutters...that was random) which you press to make the box blue and it has the dye symbol there, place a dye press the mini box to make your box red and your item there.

I'm not sure about dye able blocks but I'm not a developer

that might be confusing if so sorry.

now that is truly all from me good bye! :)

Last edited:
Seeing as we have shifting sands and shifting pearlsands, why not shifting ebon and crim sands?

Also when you say dyable blocks, paint?
having the idea for crim and ebon sand dye's is a reasonable idea.

also for the second paragragh i mean if you use acid dye and use the mini cube thing, blocks you'll place will have the acid dye effect. anyway thanks for the contribution :).

Last edited:
Dyable items would be great, because it's kind of annoying when your entire vanity uses one dye, and then when you use your weapon it doesn't match... On the other hand I think your Crimson dye should be, instead of dripping blood, the exact same effect as the corruption except with red and yellow instead of purple and green. The reason you don't need a blood dye is that your wet red dye fills that role pretty nicely.

Back
Top Bottom