Any tips for Hardcore mode?

SapphireSuicune

Spazmatism
I just started a hardcore let's play on my channel and I don't want to die so does anyone have any tips for good weapons/armor/accessories? (I am playing on normal mode BTW)

1ALWAYS use recall potions : they are faster then magic mirrors and can save your life
2 Air base : it does not need to be very high just like 20 tiles from the ground
3 dont explore to much: while exploring is great it can easily get you killed
4 Dangersense and Hunter potions are your best friends: they can let you see dangers and have a idea of where the dangers are

Thanks for the tips! I only have one recall potion left but hopefully I can find some more in the next episode. I will make an air base and the first attempt I died to a boulder with the cloud in a bottle :( the second attempt isn't going as well since there are no houses in the cave I was in and there was only one chest with a radar with no modifiers before finding the jungle or crimson above ground. Also, a paradox: I need the cobwebs for the potion that I need to use to find the cobwebs and not die to a trap

those dead man's chest's are the worst. i just wont open any gold chests if they aren't in a house.
i will probably use melee armor but ranged weapons until I get good long range melee weapons

Last edited:
those dead man's chest's are the worts. i just wont open any gold chests if they aren't in a house.
i will probably use melee armor but ranged weapons until I get good long range melee weapons
Just chip out one of the dart traps and use that to look for where the wires go. When in doubt whether you found all the explosives, put torches where they were. Mine out every tile that has a wire going through it if you have to. And if you dig both stones right under the boulders, it disarms them by destroying the boulder safely.

Playing master hardcore, I've gone back to the old days of normal, and use no armor until I get silver or better. Even with silver, there's a lot that will one-shot you. Even things like ebonwood are almost pointless even against giant worms. Quite often, I go with nothing except a bucket and random finds (cobalt or ancient shadow or ancient gold helmet) until meteorite, and that's only for as long as it takes to get to the underworld for hellstone.

If you are doing a slow playthrough, don't neglect fishing. Now that all those oddball accessories are in crates, it's definitely worth it to get to fishing as soon as you can get to the ocean AND the jungle (for a bucket of honey).

1ALWAYS use recall potions : they are faster then magic mirrors and can save your life
2 Air base : it does not need to be very high just like 20 tiles from the ground
3 dont explore to much: while exploring is great it can easily get you killed
4 Dangersense and Hunter potions are your best friends: they can let you see dangers and have a idea of where the dangers are

I disagree with #3. Monsters only spawn in and near discovered areas of a map. That's why the first time you explore anywhere the spawn is higher than normal. The more that is explored the more diluted and spread out the spawn is making it less likely that a mob will come from just one area.

This is true but if you always rely on Dangersense you won't get as good as spotting traps in the long run.

I disagree with #3. Monsters only spawn in and near discovered areas of a map. That's why the first time you explore anywhere the spawn is higher than normal. The more that is explored the more diluted and spread out the spawn is making it less likely that a mob will come from just one area.
Where did you hear that, was it on the terraria wiki?

Back
Top Bottom