Console Any tips to kill the Ice Queen faster?

folhadepapel

Terrarian
So lately i've been farming the frost moon event items and I never got below wave 11 but I wanted to go further, however there's a problem, it takes too much time to kill the Ice Queen on the PS VITA because she is way to fast and since the screen is very small 70% of the time she is just off the screen, the blizzard staff is bugged or something as many of you might know so since the range is too small I can't really use it (and even if they fixed this the cursor would be waaaaaaaay to slow to keep up with her speed), the razorpine is affected by gravity and you can't really reach her with it. So please I would like to hear any suggestions of a weapon that I could use to kill her quickly, because I think I only have 3 options at the moment:

1- Use the snowman cannon with Rockets IV (with a ranger build).
2- Use a warrior build with a weapon that can reach her easily? I really don't know if this would work.
3- Keep using the mage build but with a bridge made of wood platforms, it would take a lot of time to make this though, and that's why i'm asking for tips.

She is almost always off your screen,so you have to fly to her.
When in doubt,Horseman's Blade everything. (statues)
And btw,you said below wave 11,instead of the presumed above.

I meant that I always reach wave 11 or above it, but never much higher than that, so should I build a farm with statues and use the horseman's blade to kill the things that spawn and let the pumpkins deal with her? I would fly to her but I can't do that for too long so that's why I think platforms on the sky would help.

Do it,and just make a box around you, so the mobs don't get knocked away,and then use damage melee accessories. Just keep swinging and the homing pumpkins will kill things.

Try use a ranger class with a chain gun and chlorophite bullets as they have a sorta homing effect

I guess i'll just use the horseman's blade with a farm, since I don't have the chain gun yet (the only drops I still don't have are the elf melter and the chain gun), but if I use a ranger set with the snowman cannon the rockets would have a homming effect too right?

I mean it is Terraria if u want just get some help. I know how you feel though, ice queen is annoying. My suggestion is like the above make a box with slime, bunny, and bird statues then use the horsemans blade on them. Also be sure to equip vampire knives and also defense is really helpful so reforging your accessories to warding btw this is melee. For mages just drink some ironskin potion. Give yourself some defense and a lot of mana potions and use the bat scepter. Make sure you make an adequate arena too.

I prefer menacing to warding on my accessories, I will take more damage but I will also deal more and dealing more damage = more healing but that's not the point here since i'm not dying or anything. The point here is how to kill the Ice queen as fast as possible, but thanks I think i'm going to use the warrior class with the horseman's blade with some spawns and traps or just try ranger with the snowman cannon.

What are you on ?
I'm on PS3.
I prefer menacing to warding on my accessories, I will take more damage but I will also deal more and dealing more damage = more healing but that's not the point here since i'm not dying or anything. The point here is how to kill the Ice queen as fast as possible, but thanks I think i'm going to use the warrior class with the horseman's blade with some spawns and traps or just try ranger with the snowman cannon.
Actually no the more damage you have does not give you more health. If you really want a quicker way of healing my favorite reforge is violent with +4% melee speed which heals you faster when you have vamp knives... Especially when you have dragon armor on. I consider it OP since it is my favorite warrior build. And the faster your horseman blade goes the more pumpkins come when it makes contact with the mob.

I'm on PS3.

Actually no the more damage you have does not give you more health. If you really want a quicker way of healing my favorite reforge is violent with +4% melee speed which heals you faster when you have vamp knives... Especially when you have dragon armor on. I consider it OP since it is my favorite warrior build. And the faster your horseman blade goes the more pumpkins come when it makes contact with the mob.

That should work pretty well, thanks, i'll try it.

Only thing about the horseman's blade farm is the items that drop from the statues will become overwhelming, and makes the others despawn if to many are on screen. I prefer a mage load out.

Only thing about the horseman's blade farm is the items that drop from the statues will become overwhelming, and makes the others despawn if to many are on screen. I prefer a mage load out.

Yeah I was using a mage load out too but the VITA screen is kinda small so you can't really see where she is so you must chase her around and that's really annoying so that's why I was asking for any weapon that could help me. Well then it's no use to waste my time with that strategy since the items will despawn, maybe it's useful to reach the final wave, but not to get drops, idk... I guess i'll try different load outs with different weapons.

Yeah I was using a mage load out too but the VITA screen is kinda small so you can't really see where she is so you must chase her around and that's really annoying so that's why I was asking for any weapon that could help me. Well then it's no use to waste my time with that strategy since the items will despawn, maybe it's useful to reach the final wave, but not to get drops, idk... I guess i'll try different load outs with different weapons.
Perhaps you could use it to reach the final waves and then switch strategies

I agree, I use my melee build beetle armor fire gauntlet celestial stone fishron wings ankh shield and a warrior emblem for some extra oomph ( all warding ) gives you 101 defense with a godly flairon mix in some ironskin and some chocolate pudding ( 111 defense for those still counting ) some flask of ichor heartreach wrath and rage endurance and lifeforce and right there you've got the 3 beetle charges of - %45 dmg + %10 dmg resist from endurance 600 life with a life force potion ( probably a little more with the pudding ) and your damage is like 120 somethin not to mention ichor knocks off 20 defense ( but only with a direct hit from flairon so i suggest bring vamp knives to inflict ichor ) or if you prefer your mage use razorblade typhoon and a golden shower spellbook, gives the queen the ichor debuff and typhoon homes....

Bubble gun has limited range and if hes saying ps vita has a limited range of screen to begin with trying to fight the ice queen with the bubble gun is gonna be like a t rex trying to eat a brontosaurus with just his arms...
True, but if you can get close while she's spinning, the Bubble Gun can quickly unload a high DPS.

Of course, this is very difficult to do.

Back
Top Bottom