tModLoader Anybody know a mod that can reveal the entire map to a player?

BashGuy10

Terrarian
I'm trying to make a mod myself and i made a ore that generated(or i hope so), i can't find any in the world, i want to make sure it generated. So back to my question: Is there a mod that can reveal the entire map to a player?

Any help will be appreciated! :happy:

You can use the WorldgenPreviewer program to see your own ore on the map.
Ingame, you can use one of Fargos mods (don't know which) that has a map reveal item

Ok thanks, also i forgot to add: it generates when that guy who has no legs and 2 eyes on his palms is defeated.

Hero's Mod has an option to reveal the whole map. It's hidden in the "Misc. Options" sub-menu. (The wrench icon, second from right.)

Heads-up, the Hero's mod doesn't NOT work for revealing the entire map, just the area shown on your minimap. If anybody knows a mod that actually reveals the WHOLE MAP, please let me know.

Heads-up, the Hero's mod doesn't NOT work for revealing the entire map, just the area shown on your minimap. If anybody knows a mod that actually reveals the WHOLE MAP, please let me know.
lmao what
It most certainly does, unless you have some other mod conflicting with it for some odd reason.
If you bothered to read the other posts you'd know Fargo's Mutant Mod adds an item anyway.

lmao what
It most certainly does, unless you have some other mod conflicting with it for some odd reason.
If you bothered to read the other posts you'd know Fargo's Mutant Mod adds an item anyway.
I did the thing with Fargo's mutand mod and it only reveald the area near me.

I'm trying to make a mod myself and i made a ore that generated(or i hope so), i can't find any in the world, i want to make sure it generated. So back to my question: Is there a mod that can reveal the entire map to a player?

Any help will be appreciated! :happy:
HEROS mod works I think(haven't been on tmodloader in a while)

just downloaded it due to this thread and it does work, what may have happened is that you chose the light hack option that makes it so that all the blocks on your screen get reveleaded, basically revealing every block around you; instead of the reveal map option

If it's just for checking a things progress and not needed for gameplay.

Either make a second mod with just the feature your working on or
Edit the mod to replace the ore with something vanilla that doesn't normally spawn in there. Like lihzahrd bricks for instance. Or dungeon bricks that aren't the color of the world your usings dungeon.

Do whatever the condition is : in this case beat moonlord
Save and exit.
Copy the map file from documents / my games / terraria / worlds
(Copy for safety reasons, so if anything goes wrong you don't lose the original)
Open the copy in TEdit (it won't work for modded tiles which is why the work around)
Look for the stand in for the ore, if it works proper, fix your code to place the ore you originally wanted to place and not lihzahrd bricks or whatever.

For testing the graphics of the ore, I'd suggest just making a Clentaminator solution using the example solution from tmodloader and having it change stone to the ore, cuz it would be a really quick way to test it, with very little code editing involved.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom