PC Anything i can do to improve this building.

TheK9

Skeletron Prime
Its not done yet. so i decided to take to the forums and ask if there is anything that can be done to make it look just a tad bit nicer.
Note:i have 350 (ish) hours on the game, most was spent on servers and not building much, so this is mostly the extent of my building skills.
XOGvTP9.png

PS- just dont tell me to take the whole thing down. i ran out of dynamite.

I’m not so creative but those two rooms on the second floor could be turned into storage rooms for chests? Or maybe you could put down some tables and chairs, also add a small window in each room?

For the windows, you could put down 3 platforms horizontally, put a table on them and fill everything behind the table out with glass walls.

Yeah, that’s all I got really

i had to make a "slight" modification after i found out that the whole thing was one block too short on the left. i have done more work ill post a nother ss, the build is still not done and im making a storage room as a sub-level. (just have to wait for the private server owner to come on and ill take the screen shot asap)

There is a lot, a LOT more i want to do here. a good example is that i want to move all the chests form the top area to the new storage room im working on that can be accesed by the teleporters in the middle.and the fact that i have to expand the NPC rooms. All in all its better then what i expected it would look like.
BJ0TMNx.png

That does look very nice!
  • Have you considered some more windows and/or balconies on the second floor? I think a small balcony with some fencing might look nice there.
  • With coloured glass, you might be able to change the windows on the ground floor to some kind of stained glass piece.
  • Perhaps also experiment with different coloured torches in the above-ground as well. Replacing most (if not, all) torches with white torches feels like it'd be more suitable. Blue torches might also work given the general aesthetic of the building. If you're trying for a medieval look, orange torches might look more fitting.
  • Lastly, though this is just a personal thing - it feels like it needs some greenery. Some pots with herbs or dye plants.

A balcony sounds like a good addon to the build (defenetly noted im gonna try something with that idea), stained glass i think can only be done on the second floor due to the larger space i have to work with just have to expand the window if it wont fit. and when it goes with the "aesthetic" part of the build im not trying anything acualy....i just sorta said "hey you know what would be cool? building a massive castle, Bye" and just sorta ran to my own corner of the world and built that.

Back
Top Bottom