Apple M Chipset Idea/Question

Satek

Terrarian
I asked this question on Reddit, though, it makes more since to ask it here.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but a lot of people report issues running Terraria on the M chipset provided by Apple in their latest computers. The version of the game that is meant to run on Apple iPhone’s and iPad’s is developed by DR Studios, and released by 505 Games. I believe the version on Steam is “not” the version developed by DR Studios, hence why there’s many issues regarding the game on macOS when using a device with an M chip.

Since Apple has pushed their M chips (M1, etc), it seems to make sense in my eyes, that since the mobile version of the game runs flawlessly on the iPad Pro, which utilizes the M1 chip, why not release the DR Studios version of Terraria onto the macOS App Store since their MacBooks/iMac's utilize the M chips as well? It already supports Apple’s new M chipset due to the iPad Pro using it, and it would ultimately fix people’s issues on macOS without making a new branch of the game for macOS specifically, and instead just using the iPad version.

There may be more to this than meets the eye, which may be why we haven't seen it happen, but if it works how I think it does, why not do it?

That's a good idea. I'm hoping for Mac Support very quicly, it's okay during the early game but becoming worse and worse.

That's a good idea. I'm hoping for Mac Support very quicly, it's okay during the early game but becoming worse and worse.
I've posted this again in the Game Suggestions category. However, I made it much simpler to comprehend.

I really wish someone would take this seriously. You can sideload the app via PlayCover on macOS and can immediately see how much more smooth the game runs overall. macOS desperately needs the DRStudios version on the macOS App Store. It's mind blowing how this hasn't happened already.

Back
Top Bottom