NPCs & Enemies Archangel: Post-Golem enemies.

TheGuideIsEvil

Terrarian
Archangels do not resemble humans. Instead, they are giant seraphim, and have multiple feathers and eyes. They spawn when Golem is killed, at high altitudes. One can consider them almost like heavily upgraded Harpies. They have a low spawn rate.

Simple attack: Archangels will spawn ruptures at certain places. This is them "cracking the sky". Sky cracks glow, and then make a laser beam fly both downwards and upwards at a large range; a distorted, but angelic choir noise plays when this happens. This attack deals massive damage.

Archangels rarely spawn in groups, but if they do, stay far away from them. They can destroy many players with ease.

Bestiary: The ancient spirit of light sends their best when you destroy a false idol. These entities aren't grateful, though.. they still see you as impure and heretical. Decreed by higher powers, Archangels obliterate imperfect lifeforms, using beams of purely holy energy.

Damage: 100 (sky cracks), 80 (contact damage)
Health: 10,000

Drops: Divine Ordinance (magic weapon that cracks the sky similarly; resembles two hands praying)

Seraphim Wings: Rare drops that allows pretty good flight; it has multiple wings. Allows eyes to spawn as an attack when hurt that deal good damage.

Tip on Archangels; while they can be fought the moment you defeat Golem, post Moon Lord gear works best on them.

Fun fact: Archangels make the area glitch around their bodies visually. This fits into how they are hard to comprehend. They also make weird noises that are hard to describe.

Fun fact 2: Archangels have names, but they are censored with weird animated text that is glitchy and corrupted. This fits into Fun Fact 1.

Last edited:

Attachments

• 1_Da6xj2FnBYu_B4aCkmdN2Q.jpg
    1_Da6xj2FnBYu_B4aCkmdN2Q.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 24
I don't really like the idea of enemies that are best fought with post-Moon Lord gear. There's no reason to make them that difficult, because the items they drop can't be stronger than Moon Lord's drops.

I don't really like the idea of enemies that are best fought with post-Moon Lord gear. There's no reason to make them that difficult, because the items they drop can't be stronger than Moon Lord's drops.
I mean, you can kill them with post-Golen gear. It's just harder.

Archangels do not resemble humans. Instead, they are giant seraphim, and have multiple feathers and eyes. They spawn when Golem is killed, at high altitudes. One can consider them almost like heavily upgraded Harpies. They have a low spawn rate.

Simple attack: Archangels will spawn ruptures at certain places. This is them "cracking the sky". Sky cracks glow, and then make a laser beam fly both downwards and upwards at a large range; a distorted, but angelic choir noise plays when this happens. This attack deals massive damage.

Archangels rarely spawn in groups, but if they do, stay far away from them. They can destroy many players with ease.

Bestiary: The ancient spirit of light sends their best when you destroy a false idol. These entities aren't grateful, though.. they still see you as impure and heretical. Decreed by higher powers, Archangels obliterate imperfect lifeforms, using beams of purely holy energy.

Damage: 100 (sky cracks), 80 (contact damage)
Health: 10,000

Drops: Divine Ordinance (magic weapon that cracks the sky similarly; resembles two hands praying)

Seraphim Wings: Rare drops that allows pretty good flight; it has multiple wings. Allows eyes to spawn as an attack when hurt that deal good damage.

Tip on Archangels; while they can be fought the moment you defeat Golem, post Moon Lord gear works best on them.

Fun fact: Archangels make the area glitch around their bodies visually. This fits into how they are hard to comprehend. They also make weird noises that are hard to describe.

Fun fact 2: Archangels have names, but they are censored with weird animated text that is glitchy and corrupted. This fits into Fun Fact 1.
Of course I'm going to like this idea to a point but then again I had already suggested putting in all the different kind of enemies from like different d&d worlds. I even considered having an option to make this game similar to d&d that would be out freaking standing.

I think actually a humanoid angel would be better since else that angel would be more of an abomination than the 140 HP demon
I thought it would be too cartoony and unoriginal..

I feel like they are abominations because they are high ranking eldritch horrors lol

How can a nice angel be more eldritch €^^@#$_:"_£€;×$£"×^#€' than a demon even though demons are considered evil in fiction?

It's implied they are "too pure" since they are agents of the Empress of Light, so they are hard to comphrehend in their quest to purify the world of lesser lifeforms that may be heretics

I agree. It fits Terraria's design philosophy better.
Ah ok, if you want a new idea...

Two forms of the enemy could exist: Angels spawn as soon as you enter Hardmode, and Archangels spawn in Post Plantera instead.

The original kind of Angel can look like humans in robes with halos, and a simple happy face. Maybe they play the Magical Harp (but don't drop it) as an attack.

Off note: There could also be Cherubs, which are flying babies with bows thay they shoot arrows with.

Archangels are stronger variants that spawn in Post Plantera. They could be larger angels that are more royal in appearance, and do the sky rupture attack I mentioned above, but nerfed. They could blow a horn and summon angels and cherubs as a secondary ability, being minibosses.

Angel health: 600

Cherub health: 400

Archangel health: 4000

It's less unique than what I wanted, but I understand my original vision may not fit.

Last edited:
I, myself, love the idea of biblically accurate angels. However, I believe they fit more of a boss/mini boss than an enemy. Maybe they should be a post-golem challenge for unique loot in order to gear up for moon lord like all of the post-golem events?

Back
Top Bottom