Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Both
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
I've seen numerous posts in discord servers, steam discussions, and this forum about how pylons aren't selling. Are they bugged as a whole, or is it just inconsistent? Because on my world I only have two NPCs in the jungle. The Dryad and the Painter. I also got the achievement for NPCs being their happiest but neither of them are selling. Has this issue been addressed or is this something thats started recently

Im having this issue too. I think it might be a broader problem with NPCs just not selling things that are condition specific seeing as my Arms Dealer isnt selling the quad barrel shotgun despite being in a massive graveyard. Hopefully will be addressed soon?

DeepBlueComet, you beat Skeletron in your world, right? I know I had similar confusion with the Dryad and getting Corruption seeds (the world had to be in Hard Mode.

But on Pylons, it's been iffy. I could get the Forest and Ocean ones (Angler with the Golfer,) but I'm having trouble with the Jungle and Desert ones. For the Jungle, I have the Painter with the Dryad and neither one are selling it (I also got the max happiness achievement from the Painter.) Even weirder is the Desert. I have, from left to right, the Dye Trader, the Arms Dealer, and the Stylist. Not only are they not selling pylons, but they don't seem to acknowledge each other (in terms of solitude/crowding modifier or whether they like/dislike each other.)

20201223105636_1.jpg
20201223105641_1.jpg

The reason the painter isn’t selling it is because his inventory is way too full due to the Christmas event, meaning he’a being blocked from selling it, and the Dryad doesn’t sell it because she doesn’t like the painter as much as he likes her so she simply isn’t happy enough.

DeepBlueComet, you beat Skeletron in your world, right? I know I had similar confusion with the Dryad and getting Corruption seeds (the world had to be in Hard Mode.

But on Pylons, it's been iffy. I could get the Forest and Ocean ones (Angler with the Golfer,) but I'm having trouble with the Jungle and Desert ones. For the Jungle, I have the Painter with the Dryad and neither one are selling it (I also got the max happiness achievement from the Painter.) Even weirder is the Desert. I have, from left to right, the Dye Trader, the Arms Dealer, and the Stylist. Not only are they not selling pylons, but they don't seem to acknowledge each other (in terms of solitude/crowding modifier or whether they like/dislike each other.)

View attachment 302813 View attachment 302814
I think the distance where thy acknowledge each other was changed so that the houses not red they to be closer. I think that’s what happened

Makes sense with the Painter thing, although I think he did have a slot or two open. As for the Desert, the houses are basically right next to each other, so I'm not sure what's going on.

Makes sense with the Painter thing, although I think he did have a slot or two open. As for the Desert, the houses are basically right next to each other, so I'm not sure what's going on.
The painter has too many stuff at Christmas. some of his normal wallpapers are also not available for the same reason. He has one slot visibly open, but it's just so he can buy things from players. I think.

As for the dye trader & arms dealer there, their flags are probably just a bit too far. the distance is (again) 25 blocks now, so there's really no other way than have someone live in the next room, like someone else's bathroom or something, (at least until you buy the pylon) to recognise the other as "neighbor"

25 blocks range is just waaaaaaaaaay too small... and you can't even place the housing flag manually in the room? there too, if you could place the flag, you could get the flags close enough, that they would recognise each other. but no, you can't do that... or how to manually move the flags? (if there's a way for that?)

Back
Top Bottom