artificial biome question

Audrina2k

Terrarian
Wasn't sure where to post this, but figured here would be safest. I have a map I like, and it took me- literally- 20 creations/deletes to get this, so I don't really want to start over. I make an artificial jungle biome near my home base. I like to leave one side forest for butterflies and fireflies to spawn (due to a mod I have, a lot of butterflies can spawn so it's important to have that) I have a tiny area to make it, but it runs into the snow biome after that. Does any one think this makes a difference? Thanks!

*I'm not sure how this is in-game support- it's just a random question, but okay. Thanks, moderators. I won't erase this but I'll go ahead and try it any way.

"In-game Support" is, exactly, any questions or issues with the content of the game. That's as opposed to problems getting the game to run, not getting sound, or other problems actually running the game program. So yeah, this is the right place, and welcome!

An artificial jungle can be quite small indeed. Checking the Biome page on the wiki, I see that the only requirement is 80 "jungle blocks", which means Jungle Grass or Lihzahrd Bricks. (Jungle thorns and Jungle vines also count, but the vines will only come down from Jungle Grass blocks, and the thorns apparently need either the same, or for the Jungle biome itself to be present. On the Snow side, you will probably end up with a Hybrid biome, so you will get snowfall and some Snow enemies spawning along with the Jungle stuff.

"In-game Support" is, exactly, any questions or issues with the content of the game. That's as opposed to problems getting the game to run, not getting sound, or other problems actually running the game program. So yeah, this is the right place, and welcome!

An artificial jungle can be quite small indeed. Checking the Biome page on the wiki, I see that the only requirement is 80 "jungle blocks", which means Jungle Grass or Lihzahrd Bricks. (Jungle thorns and Jungle vines also count, but the vines will only come down from Jungle Grass blocks, and the thorns apparently need either the same, or for the Jungle biome itself to be present. On the Snow side, you will probably end up with a Hybrid biome, so you will get snowfall and some Snow enemies spawning along with the Jungle stuff.
Thank you- a very thoughtful answer and very informative. I ended up making it, and I've noticed the ice stuff is much stronger. however, if I go straight at it and stay as far away from that edge, I do get jungle. It's different and fun.

Back
Top Bottom