tModLoader Auto Trash

The auto trash list that opens up when you click the drop down has to be clicked like 50 times before any items can be removed. The x button on the side of the widow that opens up also has this problem. This same problem existed with boss checklist but was later fixed.

Also if you close your inventory with the list open, it will stay open until you reopen your inventory and close it from the button.

Aside from this, auto trashing doesn't always work when fishing. Sometimes the item will be auto trashed, other times it will go into your inventory and then will get auto trashed after a few more casts. Using the "loot all" feature from chests also does not auto trash any items from the chest you may have in your list.

Last edited:
adding a secondary function to auto sell items with it's own toggle button would be nice, in fact, it would be awesome
idk how much work it would be involved but, could you give your thoughts on it ?

I know it dosen't sound much, but can you add compatibility with other languages ?
Only if you know someone willing to do the translations. If someone is interested in translating to a language I can make it multi-lingual compatible.

Only if you know someone willing to do the translations. If someone is interested in translating to a language I can make it multi-lingual compatible.
Oh, i do actually, i know a entire team of translate people ! (And im currently working on becoming one of them too, but it's not the case for now) So, i'll see with them if they want to do that.

EDIT: Seeing that the filter update is here: i'll suggest some filters: Filter by ID (which i belive is default), Filter by Ore first, Filter byWeapons first, Filter by Accesory first, and Filter by Armor first

Last edited:
I would like to have the ability to recall all my items from the trash if need be. For example, if fallen stars were on the auto-trash list and I have trashed some arbitrary number ( say, 30? ) I can then open the list and pull 30 stars out. If I could figure out a bit of how to code I'd certainly do this myself, but I wouldn't even know where to begin.

Last edited:
Auto-sell option?
Someone made an autosell mod, I probably won't until tmod 0.11 since I'd consider that kinda cheating and would want to have that be a config option

I would like to have the ability to recall all my items from the trash if need be. For example, if fallen stars were on the auto-trash list and I have trashed some arbitrary number ( say, 30? ) I can then open the list and pull 30 stars out. If I could figure out a bit of how to code I'd certainly do this myself, but I wouldn't even know where to begin.
If you pick up a stack of 30 at once, you can retrieve it. Other than that, I purposefully don't allow you to retrieve items that were trashed in the past as that would just make the autotrash an infinite backpack you could cheat.

If you pick up many items individually all in a row and would want to be able to retrieve the sum of them rather than the autotrash slot replacing the stack with each pickup, I'm fine with implementing that. Basically if the trash item matches the item in the autotrash slot, increase the stack rather than replace the stack.

Hey is there any way you could make the auto trash slot position-able? There's another mod that uses the same space as this one called the sell slot. They overlap in game, so I would love it if there was a option to move the auto trash tile over to the left further.
terraria screen shot.png

Last edited:
If you toggle the No Value button and you pick an heart it will trash the heart (you can throw them to cure yourself after taking them from the autotrash) instead of healing , same for the star

Is there any way to filter by Class/Damage type? There's a fair number of mods that add class specific weapons that drop a /lot/ and unless I'm playing through as that class they just become a serious inventory clog, so I'd love to be able to just keep them out of my inv from the getgo. Thanks for the mod, by the way, it's seriously kickass! :)

Is there any way to filter by Class/Damage type? There's a fair number of mods that add class specific weapons that drop a /lot/ and unless I'm playing through as that class they just become a serious inventory clog, so I'd love to be able to just keep them out of my inv from the getgo. Thanks for the mod, by the way, it's seriously kickass! :)
not yet, but it might be useful.

It reminds me a lot of how when you play Skyrim, you say to yourself "Okay. This time, definitely a robes only and magic run! No daggers or bows and light armor with stealth!" And then you end up as a light armor sniper build using swords.

"Out of sight, out of mind" is definitely true here. :p Being able to filter out other classes would be an incredible game-changer.

Definitely have my fingers crossed, then!

not really, just waiting for tmodloader 0.11 so it's easy.
Did tmodloader 0.11 make modding more convenient for you? cause if it did that's really awesome. Being able keep a clean inventory and sell things instantly will be wonderful. Just a question, is there a way to support you in doing stuff like this? like a donation kind of thing. :hoppinjack:

Did tmodloader 0.11 make modding more convenient for you? cause if it did that's really awesome. Being able keep a clean inventory and sell things instantly will be wonderful. Just a question, is there a way to support you in doing stuff like this? like a donation kind of thing. :hoppinjack:
Is this about positioning the slot? I can do that fairly easy now. I do have a patreon for donations, but I don't want patrons to expect features for donating, I get to them when I have time.

Back
Top Bottom