Do you want auto trashing?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only with some changes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mebybemn

Terrarian
It would be very helpful if it was possible to keep certain items out of your inventory without leaving them on the ground or trying to avoid them. So I came up with auto trashing, here is how it works.

When you select a item for 'auto trash' it will go into your trash bin and when you pick up the same item, for example you select dirt for auto trash and you pick up a dirt block, it will be sent to your trash automatically without the hassle of avoiding it or trashing it your self.

Note:

1. When a item is selected to be auto trashed a red X appears over the item
2. When collecting the item, it will automatically go into your trash bin and even if your inventory is full.
3. The item can still be placed into your inventory via chest or by pulling it out of your trash bin.
4. It will work in a similar manner to favoriting, you hold down a button (which can be changed, possible default of right shift + control?) and click on the item and it will be selected as auto trash.
5. Unlike favoriting, auto trashing effects all stacks of that item that you collect, and that are in your inventory when you select it.

Edit: I clarified the functionality a little more

Last edited:
This idea makes no sense. All but one of that item would be autotrashed. Besides, ever heard of inventory management?

This idea makes no sense. All but one of that item would be autotrashed. Besides, ever heard of inventory management?

The way it works is that when you pick up the item it automatically goes to your trash, that way if you don't want to pick up stone or dirt you can keep them out of your inventory without having to worry about picking them up on accident or going into your inventory constantly to trash them.

Edit: I clarified the functionality a little more in the op

Maybe I missed something... But in order to mark an item as auto-trashed, wouldn't it need to be in your inventory in the first place? And then wouldn't that defeat the purpose of auto-trashing, because the item is still in the inventory?

Maybe I missed something... But in order to mark an item as auto-trashed, wouldn't it need to be in your inventory in the first place? And then wouldn't that defeat the purpose of auto-trashing, because the item is still in the inventory?

When you select a item to auto trash all of the selected item gets thrown away right when you click it. So if you have 4 stacks of dirt in your inventory and you select it for auto trash, all 4 stacks get put in the trash and any dirt you pick up after that also gets trashed.

When you select a item to auto trash all of the selected item gets thrown away right when you click it. So if you have 4 stacks of dirt in your inventory and you select it for auto trash, all 4 stacks get put in the trash and any dirt you pick up after that also gets trashed.
OK then. But how does the player know what item(s) are being auto-trashed? Is there an indicator somewhere else in the UI?

Back
Top Bottom