PC Awesome Octopus Teleporter, 1st Post!

KingWilliam111

Terrarian
You'll need: 9 teleporters, 8 Logic (AND) Gates, 16 Logic Lamps OFF, 3 Inactive Stone Blocks, 6 Switches, 3 Junction Blocks, A few blocks, and Alot of Wires. This is my design, so please give creds if on YouTube, Podcasts, or other Forums. Here is 2 pictures, one with wires on and the other without wires. I probably should have used the Mechanical Ruler but naw.
mResReaderA.png

Sorry for the extra space, it wouldn't crop. All in all, it is a great 1st design and I encourage using it. I recommend that you keep the wires seperated, so that you can see any unwanted connections. Obviously, you can manipulate the locations of the outside teleports to where you see fit. To use, just activate either of the lower switches, corresponding to each side, then the upper switch you want to teleport to corresponding in order, so if you want to go to the farthest left teleporter, you would activate the lower left switch then the upper left switch. The only problem was that the "lead" teleporter (the one in the center) would teleport you if you deactivated any switch activated to teleport, but the inactive stone blocks fix this by separating you from the teleporter so you can safely deactivate the active switches. The three blocks high are necessary because 2> blocks high would still teleport you. Thank you for reading, comment with any questions. I will try to respond, and sometimes the picture of the teleportermResReaderA.png ACH] won't work.

So why didn't you just take a snapshot of it in the game? You could just have 2 snapshots instead of having all this white space.

I think you could solve the problem of accidental teleports by using a faulty logic lamp instead of the second lamp on each of the gates.

When you don't want any teleportation propagation across other "routes" then you can max up to 8 destinations. It is strictly because of the 4 wires on the left and right side of the pad, that link to the destinations. If you link one wire to multiple destinations, you're sure to have random teleportation or only between some pads, not all (unless the design permits so).

Great starting point. Keep on experimenting, especially with some safety mechanisms (making sure that you won't teleport when switching off) or some additional things :)

Yeah, I actually was wanting to try coming up with something similar to this to make a smaller TP hub with only one teleporter used at the hub. Because before 1.3.1 you had to use a lot more.
Unfortunately this is the best that one can do with only a single teleporter used in the hub because of the wire constraints. I started with something similar when I built my hub, but I had to scale down the splits from 8 to 2 so that the wires became easily manageable. I bet you can come up with something similar using more of the 8 splits, which should give you a teleporter hub with the least amount of "extra" teleporters. Intuitively, 4 splits is the most you could use for a recursive design, but I think it would be possible to take what you have now and add on 7 splits to each of the destination teleporters. This would yield 56 destinations with only 8 "extra" teleporters. Then again, there is also the issue of return teleportation...

I find it better to apply something that @Ufeia and I worked on, to prevent teleportation when picking where to go, the down side is that it uses a lot of logic lamps:

Hubv1Regular.png
Hubv1Wire.png

If more than one lever is selected it won't teleport you, right now I'm thinking on how to make it so when you pick one, all the others cancel (check edit1)
It can be improved like this:
Hubv1ARegular.png
Hubv1AWire.png

But as @Jagriff says, the problem would be teleporting back (check edit2), DicemanX must love his hoik hub, its way simpler...

Edit 1: oh wait, I remember coming up with something for this before, damn it, gonna have to take a look back.
Edit 2: thanks to your comment I now see how to give each of the first line of teleporters (8) up to 7 more teleporters.

Last edited:
I realized that my post above was really describing this hub by Romixal: http://forums.terraria.org/index.ph...eleportation-signal-divide.43879/#post-995824

It's a very beautiful hub that gives maximal destinations per teleporter. However, due to wire color restrictions, it is not scalable (in case any lunatic needs more than 56 destinations lol) and has clunky return teleportation (needs 2 clicks). Personally, I prefer to use more teleporters in the hub to make everything simpler.

EDIT: After rewatching the video I realized that he actually has return teleportation working nicely.

Last edited:
I realized that my post above was really describing this hub by Romixal: http://forums.terraria.org/index.ph...eleportation-signal-divide.43879/#post-995824

It's a very beautiful hub that gives maximal destinations per teleporter. However, due to wire color restrictions, it is not scalable (in case any lunatic needs more than 56 destinations lol) and has clunky return teleportation (needs 2 clicks). Personally, I prefer to use more teleporters in the hub to make everything simpler.
Hmm I guess that is WAY better, no need to cancel other levers because having more than one active is another exit.
Things like this reminds me not to get too much into wire, and let the experts do it.

Back
Top Bottom