Xbox One Background transitions bugged

Eye Of Cthulhu 🌳

Eye of Cthulhu
KEEP IN MIND, MY COUSIN, PLAYING ON THE SAME TYPE OF SYSTEM, DOESN'T HAVE THIS ISSUE.
It might be a multiplayer issue, as i dont recall it happening on a Single player world, but When the weather transitions, the background will flash black for a frame, and the frame after that will be completed transition.
Like this
Rain
On frame flash of black
Clear weather.

Also, similar issue, Slime rain background wont show at all.

A black flash between background transitions is a new one on me - would I be able to get a video of this happening? I'm guessing it's most likely tied to splitscreen, just not able to get it to happen in my environment.

As for the slime rain issue, that's a bug specific to splitscreen that we've got logged in our system.

A black flash between background transitions is a new one on me - would I be able to get a video of this happening? I'm guessing it's most likely tied to splitscreen, just not able to get it to happen in my environment.

As for the slime rain issue, that's a bug specific to splitscreen that we've got logged in our system.
The same thing also happens with normal terraria if you go faster than terrarian can load

The same thing also happens with normal terraria if you go faster than terrarian can load
My understanding is that he's referring to the background as a whole - little black sections off to the corner are definitely a PC issue like you said, though.

Its not on Split screen
Its on Online multiplayer.
Cant get a video now, and its kinda random, but ill try to
It actually looks like our ticket mentions online MP too - I believe splitscreen is where we first noticed it, though. Either way, should (hopefully!) be addressed soon.

To anyone wondering:
I got a gif!
gif-20230925-155650.gif

To anyone wondering:
I got a gif!
View attachment 429991

I can also see that there's an autosave in progress as you are moving into the new location, which might be causing a lag spike when transitioning between backgrounds (and possibly accessing a background image the game loaded in yet, compounding the issue) Are you willing to tell us your xbox gamertag and the name of the world this happens on so we can take a look?

Hi @Eye of Cthulhu🌳 I'm part of the development team (points at DR Studios under my username), and one of the xbox tools allows us to take a copy of your cloud data for development testing (to help us reproduce bugs) it doesn't affect you or your data at all. If you want to DM your gamertag if you don't want it public, thats also fine! I'd be able to load your world and see the the issue happening so we can get it fixed if we are able to.

Cheers!
Roboarms

Back
Top Bottom