Banner Collecting, need help

OddGirl

Dungeon Spirit
Hey everyone, this is a big ask but its driving me nuts and I need a new set of eyes to tell me what I'm missing. Below is a pic of my banner collection. The wiki says there are 242 enemy banners so I had set this up with 242 blocks to place them on. I'm in the home stretch and know I'm missing: Dr Bones, The Groom, and the Ghost. That leaves 1 more block empty and for the life of me can't figure out what it is! I've recounted the blocks and gone thru the enemy banner list. Can anyone spot the missing banner? I'd bow down to your awesomeness!

Capture 2015-12-21 11_30_18.png

I just figured it out in case someone knows how to fix the wiki. The totals are listed incorrectly and need to be updated. There are only 241 banners and 9 unobtainable.

I just figured it out in case someone knows how to fix the wiki. The totals are listed incorrectly and need to be updated. There are only 241 banners and 9 unobtainable.
Your missing banner is the Crawltipede. I can see five Solar Pillar banners grouped together, but there are seven Solar Pillar enemies. According to the Wiki, Drakanian doesn't have a banner and I can match the other five, so your missing banner is the Crawltipede.

The Crawltipede banner was obtainable in early versions of 1.3, but the Worm bug effectively makes it unobtainable. The Worm bug is that only kills to the head of the worm count as a kill and since the only vulnerable part of the Crawltipede is the tail, its kill count is never incremented. If you have an early version of Terraria (e.g. 1.3.0.1), you can get the Crawltipede banner in that and bring it across to your new world.

Unless of course you placed the Crawltipede banner somewhere else and I missed it?

Congratulations on the banner collection! I'm about 75% complete on mine. :)

Edit:
I'm in the home stretch and know I'm missing: Dr Bones, The Groom, and the Ghost. That leaves 1 more block empty and for the life of me can't figure out what it is! I've recounted the blocks and gone thru the enemy banner list.
You probably already knew this, but I'll mention it just in case. The Ghost is an underground hardmode enemy that spawns only during Halloween. You can make it Halloween by changing your computer's clock. It's not particularly rare like the other two are; you can probably get one in the process of doing your normal underground stuff.

Last edited:
Your missing banner is the Crawltipede. I can see five Solar Pillar banners grouped together, but there are seven Solar Pillar enemies. According to the Wiki, Drakanian doesn't have a banner and I can match the other five, so your missing banner is the Crawltipede.

The Crawltipede banner was obtainable in early versions of 1.3, but the Worm bug effectively makes it unobtainable. The Worm bug is that only kills to the head of the worm count as a kill and since the only vulnerable part of the Crawltipede is the tail, its kill count is never incremented. If you have an early version of Terraria (e.g. 1.3.0.1), you can get the Crawltipede banner in that and bring it across to your new world.

Unless of course you placed the Crawltipede banner somewhere else and I missed it?

Congratulations on the banner collection! I'm about 75% complete on mine. :)

Edit:

You probably already knew this, but I'll mention it just in case. The Ghost is an underground hardmode enemy that spawns only during Halloween. You can make it Halloween by changing your computer's clock. It's not particularly rare like the other two are; you can probably get one in the process of doing your normal underground stuff.

Thanks for taking the time to search it! The Wiki has the crawltipede banner in the unobtainable list, though I do have one. That might be why the count is wrong since it switched up between versions. You are awesome! Now to figure out an easier way to farm some Dr Bones and Grooms! (why no bride banner?)

(why no bride banner?)
Something I've wondered myself, especially considering the Bride has a separate kill count (or my memory is failing me). There are a few other enemies that are surprising in that they don't have banners or share a banner with another enemy. (E.g. most critters, no Crimson-affected critters, Hornet/Moss Hornet share, all smaller Mimics share, no banner for larger Mimics.) And there are some other inconsistencies, e.g. Blood Zombie has a different graphic to other Zombies (which have a hand). I have a list somewhere. (Emphasis somewhere.) No coloured banners to go with some team colours or gems either...

Thanks for taking the time to search it! The Wiki has the crawltipede banner in the unobtainable list, though I do have one. That might be why the count is wrong since it switched up between versions
Perhaps do what I do and write each banner down and tick them off as you collect them? I was surprised how many common banners I had thrown out thinking I already had one.
I'll take a proper look later and compare. Maybe there is a missing banner.

The list idea would have been a good idea when I started it. I have one now since I printed the wiki list checking them off to figure out what was missing, ha. I also found the same thing when I was double checking the list, commons ones just not put up smh. I've been list keeping on the collection of weapons and armor and the like but not here.

If you find that list from "somewhere" we could compare notes. Crimson/Corrupt/Hallow Mimics are definitely on my list too!

Lol! It helps that I work from home so can leave it to afk farm on my second monitor and I play with my kids.

Lol! It helps that I work from home so can leave it to afk farm on my second monitor and I play with my kids.
Yeah i know that already, because you was taken, and you have kids, well i would be friends with you, and your family too, because i need more friends. :)

Back
Top Bottom