tModLoader Barriers

hamstar

Terrarian
NOTE: CURRENTLY DEFUNCT UNTIL CUSTOM ENTITIES MOD FINISHED

Barriers
v1.1.0

Mirror (coming soon)

Requires Mod Helpers

Implements protective barriers, craftable by way of a Protective Paling item (accessory). Barriers will stop incoming projectiles and enemy NPCs, as long as they have a charge (scales with size). Charge is reduced by damage. Craftable from Magi-Tech Scrap, which is dropped by mech bosses. Barriers may have their size/hp, regeneration rate, defense, or hardness (shrink resist) adjusted freely.

Upgrades, placeable palings (as tiles), and an API will be added eventually.

Source available here. API now available (WIP).

Available config fields are defined here. Config file: Documents/My Games/Terraria/ModLoader/Configs/Barriers Config.json

Barriers.png

Last edited:
v1.1.0
  • Implemented BarrierHitRadiusPlayerComponent
  • Restructured barrier entity base class to not specify hit components
  • Modified NPC hit velocity rebound to reflect damage amount
  • Finished implementing NPC barrier (untested)
  • Refactored API to use ReflectionHelpers.SafeCall(...)
  • Refactored Barrier base class factory to use { get; } only properties
  • Added RegenRegenDurationHighest field to barriers
  • Set barrier color to be set with its Draw component only
  • Added mod dependency major version enforcement (MHv4.1)
v1.0.1
  • Initial release (corrected)

Attachments

• Barriers v1.0.1.zip
    94.6 KB · Views: 183
  • Barriers v1.1.0.zip
    101.1 KB · Views: 216
Last edited:
the visuals could be an alteration of the lightning field from DD2 sentry weapon. I propose to have a time field, a force field, a rebound field. Good of they are placeable as well

Great but your mods always stop working after a short while, or with every update:/ u keep making new ones, and abandon the old ones,and they quickly become incompatible with the game .... most of the mods you made are usually outdated

Great but your mods always stop working after a short while, or with every update:/ u keep making new ones, and abandon the old ones,and they quickly become incompatible with the game .... most of the mods you made are usually outdated
That's not a fair generalization. This one got "abandoned" due to a specific component needing to be rebuilt completely, or else phased out of use and a new solution implemented. Due to my work on Adventure Mode and a lack of interest in contributing to any of my library codes, finishing this mod will have to wait.

Aww I see I am just sad because I used to support your work on your patron website:) but then unfortunately most of your mods I used stopped working :/:confused:😢😭

Back
Top Bottom