NPCs & Enemies Battle Wyvern Boss

What do you think about the Battle Wyvern?

• 2 Stars - Meh

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 Star - It's Terrible

• IT'S OVER 9000 (a.k.a Call the Devs)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RafaelHydra

Skeletron Prime
Battle Wyvern Boss (by RafaelHydra)

Previously known as: Mechanical Wyvern Boss

- Honorable Mentions -
NyctoDarkMatter - Spawn Idea for the Battle Wyvern

SwaggyBadger - Crafting Station for the Dragon Egg
DarkWolf68 - Motivation for phase 4

- Honorable Mentions' Quotes -
NyctoDarkMatter
My vote is that you don't spawn it, but instead it's a 1/30 chance instead of a normal Wyvern at night after defeating Plantera.

SwaggyBadger
I feel as thought, like most other spawners, it should be crafted at the demon/crimson altars instead of the mythril/orichalcum anvil.

DarkWolf68
Its not bad, but simply put, its the destroyer meets the twins. To fix this, try to give it more unique attacks, kinda like fishron did.

==============================================================================================================================================

- Basic Stats -
It has 3 phases, 50000 HP (HP works like The Destroyer), and 25 defense, deals 100 damage when touched, moves at the same speed as an Arch Wyvern, and has a few neat drops. Here are the phases and stats: (Note that all 'damage' meant is the average for a player without armor)

- Phase 1 -
In the first phase the Battle Wyvern will fly up high and try to avoid the player, while firing Laser Beam Death Rays, each dealing 150 damage. They will fire continuously for 3 seconds, and they have infinite piercing. Damage is dealt every 0.5 seconds starting when a player gets hit and ending when they stop getting hit.
LBDR's (Abbreviation) will have a 10 second cooldown between each. LBDR's don't cause any knock back. The 1st phase will end when the Battle Wyvern shoots 5 LBDR's.

- Phase 2 -
In the second phase, the BW (Abbreviation for Battle Wyvern) will lower its flight height and try to kill the player using a Flamethrower inside his mouth. It will follow the player and kill it, only retreating when out of ammo, which will take about 10 seconds to reload. The Battle Wyvern will try and kill the player using the flamethrower, that shoots 10 flame orbs each second (0.1 seconds interval between each) instead of a continuous flame, meant to improve accuracy, each dealing 75 damage to an unequipped player. It will shoot 5 flame orb rows, with a 3 second cooldown between each row, while following the player until death or next phase. Each orb has the speed of a normal character running in grass with just Lightning Boots. Note that all flame orbs don't cause any knock back and cant go through blocks

- Phase 3 -

In the third phase, the Battle Wyvern will try and ram the player just like the Eater of Worlds or The Destroyer, dealing 150 damage and becoming invulnerable, so prepare to run (This was made so players don't AFK Farm this boss). Damage will be dealt every 0.5 seconds, starting when you touch the BW and ending when you stop. You don't get any knock back so you don't stop suffering when you start to *evil laugh*. This phase will last for 1 real life minute.

- Phase 4 -
In the fourth phase, the flamethrower in his mouth will be temporarily replaced with a missile launcher. The Battle Wyvern will also get spikes everywhere except in the head. The spikes are used to protect the BW, as they reflect any arrows or bullets. The only way to kill him in this phase is by using melee weapons (melee weapon projectiles also work, like the Ice Blade projectile, or the Terra Blade's Terra Beam), magic weapons, explosives, or hitting the head (Any weapon works, but you are more susceptible to missiles while so). The Battle Wyvern's Missile Launcher will launch not homing missiles with an explosion range of 5 blocks each direction, have 250 life, 25 defense, and start homing at the player if he/she hits them (they count as enemies, so be careful with Chlorophyte bullets). The BWML's (Abbreviation of Battle Wyvern Missile Launcher) missiles deal 150 damage if they directly hit the player, deal normal knock back, and they will also explode, but explosion damage won't hurt the player. If they hit the ground, the explosion will deal 100 damage, and have normal knock back. Missiles will explode if destroyed, so try and avoid them at all costs. The 4th phase will end when the Battle Wyvern shoots 10-15 missiles (The number varies, so keep your eyes sharp).

- Buff/Debuff effects -

The BW is immune to all debuffs but Cursed Inferno and Ichor.

==============================================================================================================================================

- Battle Wyvern Mechanics Sum-up (Both Normal and Expert Mode) -

If you didn't understand how it works, here it goes: You beat Plantera and Golem, every fifth night there's a chance he will spawn, saying a little message. Later, it will spawn on phase 1, going near the player (because he spawns up in the air), then shooting the LBDR's. When it's done, it will go to phase 2, shooting the flame orbs, after that he will go to phase 3 and try to ram the player, then he will move to phase 4, where he will try to kill the player using missiles. When he finished all its attacks it will repeat the cycle between phases 1, 2, 3 and 4, until its dead. When you kill him, the only way to spawn him is by using a Dragon Egg or creating a new world and waiting for it to spawn when all requirements are met. The battle cycle will be the same every time.

- Spawning -

To spawn it, you must defeat Plantera and Golem, then each night there is a chance he will spawn (1/5 every night), when he will, a message will appear saying: 'You see the air get wavy...' 1-3 real time minutes later, he will spawn. To end the battle you must win or die, which will despawn when all players do so. After defeating him at least once in that world, the only way to spawn him again in that world is using the Dragon Egg. The only way to fight him with other bosses is using a Dragon Egg, to avoid multiple boss fights at the same time if a BW spawns naturally.

- Crafting Recipe(s) -

Dragon Egg:
10 Iron/Lead Bars
5 Souls of Night
5 Souls of Light
10 Souls of Flight
10 Harpy Feathers

Crafted at: Crimson/Demon Altar

- Drops -

20 - 40 Souls of Flight 100%
15 - 20 Gold Coins 100%
10 - 15 Greater Healing Potions 100%
25 - 30 Hallowed Bars 100%
Battle Wyvern Mask 15%
Battle Wyvern Trophy 15%
BWML 5%

- Items -
Presentation Name: BWML
Full Name: Battle Wyvern Missile Launcher
Type: Weapon
Sub-type: Explosive
Max Stack: 1
Damage: 100
Use Time: 25
Knock back: 5
Quality: Tier 9
Ammo Type: Rockets
Tooltip: ''Let the killing begin''
Dropped by: Battle Wyvern
Drop Chance: 5%
Sell Price: 5
Continuous Attack (Automatic): Yes

Presentation Name: Dragon Egg
Full Name: Dragon Egg
Type: Item
Sub-type: Summoner
Max Stack: 20
Consumable: Yes
Quality: Tier 3
Tooltip: ''Summons the Battle Wyvern''
Summons: Battle Wyvern
Sell Value: No Value

- Expert Mode Item - Molten Shield - Accessory -
When used, the user will have a 10 second lava protection and will have protection against knock back, hellstone, meteorite and any other heat sources except for lava.

- Sprites -

No sprites/images available yet. (Feel free to send them to [email protected])

- User-submitted content -
If you see a mistake or have a question/suggestion reply to this post or PM me (There might be a chance for you to go to the Honorable Mentions Section if you do so!)

- Idea Source -
I have heard about the Arch Wyvern on Console and I want to make my own, but stronger, strong enough that make it a boss. After an unsuccessful try of making a new Mechanical Boss and listening to the community, I present to you, ladies and gentlemen, the Battle Wyvern.

- Message Source -
The message: 'You see the air getting wavy' comes from the fact that when you have a gas leak in your house, the air will get wavy and maybe blurry, and since one of the weapons of the Battle Wyvern is a flamethrower. It does kind of make sense, but it's not very original, I know. Hope you like it though.

Thank you for reading, -RafaelHydra

Last edited:
I like this much better. My vote is that you don't spawn it, but instead it's a 1/30 chance instead of a normal Wyvern at night after defeating Plantera. It also can't spawn during another boss fight, or an event of any sort. (This is to prevent people who fight Moon Lord in space, such as myself, from dealing with a Battle Wyvern at the same time.) Then, something it drops can be used to summon it again if you defeat it. Preferrably not another Suspicious Looking Item. ("You feel the wind closing in on you...") If they DID decide to make it a craftable item, I wouldn't want it to be a Suspicious Looking Anything. Maybe some sort of craftable item to summon it once if necessary, but I don't like the idea of it being a Suspicious Looking Item if it isn't a Mechanical Boss.

I like the idea of the fight itself. It's somewhat of a Destroyer clone, but I like the simple Battle Wyvern idea, and I like the idea of a new Wyvern to fight. Over all, this idea is well done and I'm glad you're willing to change your ideas based on the thoughts of the community. I support.

I like this much better. My vote is that you don't spawn it, but instead it's a 1/30 chance instead of a normal Wyvern at night after defeating Plantera. It also can't spawn during another boss fight, or an event of any sort. (This is to prevent people who fight Moon Lord in space, such as myself, from dealing with a Battle Wyvern at the same time.) Then, something it drops can be used to summon it again if you defeat it. Preferrably not another Suspicious Looking Item. ("You feel the wind closing in on you...") If they DID decide to make it a craftable item, I wouldn't want it to be a Suspicious Looking Anything. Maybe some sort of craftable item to summon it once if necessary, but I don't like the idea of it being a Suspicious Looking Item if it isn't a Mechanical Boss.

I like the idea of the fight itself. It's somewhat of a Destroyer clone, but I like the simple Battle Wyvern idea, and I like the idea of a new Wyvern to fight. Over all, this idea is well done and I'm glad you're willing to change your ideas based on the thoughts of the community. I support.
Glad you did like it, I will try and get an original name for that spawn item, and I have also got an idea in mind...

Glad you did like it, I will try and get an original name for that spawn item, and I have also got an idea in mind...
Done! Added new (Not so original) name for the only crafting recipe, page apresentation revamp, title and phase 3, spawn instructions, spawn messages, and much more! Few minor changes also made ;)
[DOUBLEPOST=1437867034,1437866992][/DOUBLEPOST]Also looking for a color combo to fit in there :D

Interesting. I don't like the "See the air get wavy" thing, and I think that for him to spawn, you should have to be in the Space Layer, so that unprepared players aren't ambushed by this thing.

I do like the third phase to prevent people from AFK farming him. It'll be interesting to see how players counter this, haha.

Color Combo? Black and grey, perhaps. I was thinking EnderDragon like (not to copy Minecraft, but it is a dragon, and Minecraft pulled that off insanely well) but Black and Grey would give it less of an Ender feel and more of an epic feel, so that not to copy Minecraft. (Albeit the fact that they are allied games, we don't want any copy-cats. x3) If it looks very similar to a Wyvern, I may work on something, but don't expect anything insanely good looking.

I would rather the message be "You feel the wind is picking up..."
I added a reason why I have the message I have now, but that's not a bad idea either
[DOUBLEPOST=1437868530,1437868471][/DOUBLEPOST]
Interesting. I don't like the "See the air get wavy" thing, and I think that for him to spawn, you should have to be in the Space Layer, so that unprepared players aren't ambushed by this thing.

I do like the third phase to prevent people from AFK farming him. It'll be interesting to see how players counter this, haha.

Color Combo? Black and grey, perhaps. I was thinking EnderDragon like (not to copy Minecraft, but it is a dragon, and Minecraft pulled that off insanely well) but Black and Grey would give it less of an Ender feel and more of an epic feel, so that not to copy Minecraft. (Albeit the fact that they are allied games, we don't want any copy-cats. x3) If it looks very similar to a Wyvern, I may work on something, but don't expect anything insanely good looking.
Well, what do you think of the new color scheme? Also, unprepared players? You have to defeat both Plantera and Golem to get to this thing, and that takes a lot of work (at least for me). Also, if you are making sprites, try making them look psychologically dark, like a lord of the shadows, because this was originally going to be a mechanical killing machine XD Also created and placed you in the Honorable mentions sections, you deserve to be there :D

Last edited:
Its not bad, but simply put, its the destroyer meets the twins. To fix this, try to give it more unique attacks, kinda like fishron did. Also maybe it causes a special debuff that you and enemies can cause after its dead. Hope I wasnt harsh.

I feel as thought, like most other spawners, it should be crafted at the demon/crimson altars instead of the mythril/orichalcum anvil. Otherwise I like the idea c:

I feel as thought, like most other spawners, it should be crafted at the demon/crimson altars instead of the mythril/orichalcum anvil. Otherwise I like the idea c:
Oh yeah, this was supposed to be a mechanical boss and many people didn't agree with the idea, so I made it the Battle Wyvern. I might have forgot to change that too :D
[DOUBLEPOST=1437914160,1437914124][/DOUBLEPOST]
Its not bad, but simply put, its the destroyer meets the twins. To fix this, try to give it more unique attacks, kinda like fishron did. Also maybe it causes a special debuff that you and enemies can cause after its dead. Hope I wasnt harsh.
I'll do my best, you won't be disappointed :)
[DOUBLEPOST=1437914225][/DOUBLEPOST]
Nice idea, I like it. Extra things you can skip always spice up the gameplay. Does he have any drops?
Right below the crafting recipes (Even though I only have 1 lmao)

Another fresh update, added phase 4 (the hardest to beat and to make yet), changed the crafting station needed for the Dragon egg, added Honorable Mentions' Quotes and made a few minor changes. Have fun!

Last edited:
Added ''barriers'' between sections so people don't get ''lost'' while reading (also to make it look nice :D) Changed to Expert Mode Item to Molten Shield and removed anti-slowdown in liquids, just to make it sound more real.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom