Biomes & Nature Beehive Extension/Hardmode Bee weapons

leechheart

Skeletron Prime
(This is a redesign of one of my previous threads)
-
After the Mechanical bosses are defeated, new enemies would appear in the Beehive:

The Virgin Queen: A hornet-sized bee that has the same AI as Queen Bee, only smaller and does more damage, with less health. Charges about as fast as Queen Bee with low health in Expert mode (does not have any Queen Bee drops)

Bumblebee: Same size and almost same AI as the regular bee, only has 300 health, and does the same damage as Expert mode bees.

Bumbler: Hornet-Sized bee that shoots stingers and chases players
-
Each of these enemies would have a 12% chance to drop a Bumble Core, which is used to make weapons. Here is a list of damages (Note: all bees and wasps will do summon damage instead of magic damage) and how to craft them.

First, it is to note that any Bumblebee Spawning Weapons have a base damage of 30 summon damage, no matter which weapon they are spawned from, and would be affected by the hive pack. Additionally, the Wasp gun would do 35 summon damage, but would not be affected by the Hive pack (so that the Bumblebee gun would be more useful if you are using the hive pack and wasp gun otherwise)

Here is a list of all of the weapons crafted from bumble cores:

Bumblebee Gun: 30 damage (summon)
-Fires 2-6 Bumblebees at your enemy
-Uses 4 mana
-Appearance: Looks like a more shiny, crystallized Bee Gun

Bumble Blaster: 41 damage (magic)
-Shoots a Honey-covered projectile similar to the magnet sphere
-The Projectile spawns bees at a rate of 2/sec and lasts for 5 seconds
-Appearance: Looks like a Oil-Spill colored bee gun

Bumble Saber: 64 damage (melee)
-Decent Melee Speed
-Fires a stinger projectile
-Releases 2-5 Bumblebees on contact
-Autoswing; Yes
-Appearance; Looks like a shiny, Black & Yellow Chlorophyte Saber with a shiny core

Bumbler's Bow: 40 damage (ranged)
-Fires about as fast as the Hallowed Repeater
-Fires a line of bees that releases 2 Bumblebees and 2 Honeybees (the pre-hardmode type) at enemies
-Autofire
-Looks like a Compound Bee's Knees

Chain Bee Gun: 36 damage (ranged)
-Fires as fast as megashark
-Replaces bullets with a homing bee that homes in on the enemy (This bee is a normal bee. It would be similar in the way the Bee's Knee's works, except with one bee, and after a certain distance it will just turn into a normal bee. While the resulting bees are not as powerful they can overwhelm the enemy quickly. These Bee Bullets will not retain any special bullet properties except for Ichor or Cursed bullets)
-33% not to consume ammo
-Looks like the Minishark but with a bee instead of the shark

Bee Staff: 20 damage (summon)
-Summons 7 permanently lasting bees for the price of 1 minion
-Bees will not dissapear or benefit from the hive pack
-Bees will not function in water
-Bees have a short range compared to other minions

Bumblenades: 24 damage (thrown)
-Releases 18 bumblebees on impact
-Consumable
-Looks cooler than the original Beenades

Honey Charm: Acessory/Crafting Material
-Increases movement speed after being struck
-Releases 2-4 bumblebees after being struck
-Looks like a brighter Sweetheart necklace, and actually drips honey

Queen's Scarf: Acessory/Crafting Material
-Releases Stars and 2-4 bumblebees when struck
-Looks exactly like the bee cloak combined with a Honey version of the Worm Scarf

Queen's Wings: Acessory
-Releases stars and 3-5 bumblebees when struck
-Increases movement speed and increases invincibility time after struck
-Allows flight and slow fall
-Appearance: Bee wings, only they fold nicely down the back when not being used, as well as the Scarf in the Queen's Scarf

Queen Bee armor:
Helmet:
10 defense
Increases minion damage by 10%
Increases your max number of minions
Chestplate:
17 defense
Increases minion knockback greatly
Increases your max number of minions by 2
Greaves:
13 defense
Increases number of bees for each weapon by 1 (Example: Queen's Wings will release 4-6 bumblebees instead of 3-5. Works on pre-hardmode bees as well. Doesn't work on Chain Bee Gun)
Increases your max number of minions

Set bonus: Queen Bee Minion
Similar to the Stardust Guardian, this is a minion summoned by a set of armor
The Queen Bee Minion will do one of three things
-Charge at the enemy for 30 summon damage
-Shoot stingers at the enemy for 20 summon damage and poison debuff
-Release bees or bumblebees at the enemy for their respective damage amount
Other than this the Queen Bee will follow the player around.

Total:
40 defense
+4 minion capacity
+10% summon damage
Increased summon knockback
Increases number of bees by 1
Queen bee Minion

Appearance of Queen Bee armor:
Helmet would look similar to the Queen Bee Mask
Chestplate would look like the normal bee one but with black sleeves
Greaves would look more armor-like than the original

Here is how all of these items would be crafted:

Bumblebee Gun: 1 Bee Gun + 14 Chlorophyte + 1 Bumble Core=1 Bumblebee gun

Bumble Blaster: 1 Space Gun + 4 Spectre Bars + 1 Bumble Core=1 Bumble Blaster

Bumblebee Saber: 1 Bee Keeper + 1 Broken Hero Sword + 1 Bumble Core=1 Bumblebee Saber

Bumbler's Bow: 1 Bee's Knees + 6 Shroomite Bars + 1 Bumble Core=1 Bumbler's Bow

Chain Bee Gun: 1 Illegal Gun Parts + 10 Hallowed Bars + 1 Bumble Core=1 Chain Bee Gun

Bee Staff: 1 Hornet Staff + 1 Bumble Core + 1 Stinger + 5 Hive + 5 Honey Blocks=1 Bee staff

Bumblenades: 100 Beenades + 6 Spectre Bars + 1 Bumble Core=100 Bumblenades

Queen's Scarf: 1 Bee Cloak + 1 Bumble Core = 1 Queen's Scarf

Honey Charm: 1 Sweetheart Necklace + 1 Bumble Core=1 Honey Charm

Queen's Wings: 1 Queen's Scarf + 1 Honey Charm + 1 Amber Horseshoe Balloon + 1 Bumble Core=1 Queen's Wings

Queen Bee Helmet: 1 Bee Helmet + 1 Bee Hat + 1 Bumble Core = Queen Bee Helmet
Queen Bee Chestplate: 1 Bee Chestplate + 1 Bee Shirt + 1 Bumble Core = Queen Bee Chestplate
Queen Bee Greaves: 1 Bee Leggings + 1 Bee Pants + 1 Bumble Core = Queen Bee Greaves

Additionally, there would be a third tier of Bee Weapons, from the Lunar Events.
There would be 5 different types of bees, each being used with a different Celestial Bee weapon. Those would be as follow:
Lunar Bees: 40 damage, each bee that hits causes a laser projectile to be shot at the target
Solar Bees: 40 damage, all Solar Bees inflict Daybroken on enemies
Vortex Bees: 36 damage, can turn invisible and teleport to enemies
Nebula Bees: 40 damage, inflict confusion
Stardust Bees: 36 damage, move a lot faster and turn sharper than the other bees, last permanently
All of these bees would do summon damage

There would then be new weapons to fire these bees:
40 damage (summon)
Fires 3-5 Lunar Bees at your enemy
Uses 4 mana
Weapon Appearance: Looks like a Bumblebee Gun, but the color of Luminite

I can't decide whether this Gun would be crafted (2 Luminite Bars+1 Bumblebee Gun=Lunar Bee Gun) or whether it would be a Moon Lord.
100 damage (melee)
Releases Solar Bees on impact
Use time: 19
Inflicts Daybroken
Appearance: Looks Like a Solar Flare version of the Bumble Saber
Crafted: 5 Solar Fragments+1 Bumble Saber
50 damage (magic)
Fires a Purple, Honey-Covered projectile that spawns Nebula Bees at a rate of 2/second, lasting for 10 seconds
Uses 30 mana
Appearance: Looks like a Nebula-Colored Bumblebee Gun
Crafted: 5 Nebula Fragments+1 Bumble Blaster
50 damage (ranged)
Fires a single Vortex Bee that acts as a bullet until it either hits something or goes far enough.
Fires as fast as the S.D.M.G.
50% Chance not to consume ammo
Appearance: Looks like a Vortex-colored Bee Chain Gun
Crafted: 5 Vortex Fragments+1 Bee Chain Gun
50 damage (Ranged)
Fires a line of Vortex Bees, that split into 4 Vortex Bees
Autofire, Fires as fast as Pulse Bow
Appearance: Looks like a very large bow, Vortex-colored, and with stingers on the end
Crafted: 1 Bumbler's Bow=5 Vortex Fragments
36 damage (summon)
Summons 7 Stardust Bees that last permanently
Appearance: Stardust-colored Bee Staff
Crafted: 5 Stardust Fragments+1 Bee Staff
Overall stats:
32 damage
Increases max number of minions by 5
Increases minion damage by 30%
Increases amount of bees spawned by 1
Increases minion knockback
Set Bonus: Getting hit will release a random type of Celestial Bee (Except Stardust. This would stack with any other type of Honeycomb or Queen's Wings type accessory, allowing a Celestial Bee, a Bumblebee, and a Honeybee to be spawned when hit)
Crafted: 1 Piece of Queen Bee Armor + 2 of each fragment
Appearance: Looks like Queen Bee Armor, but with every Celestial Color (Solar, Nebula, Vortex, Luminite, and Stardust) finely mixed into it

-
So what do you think? I'm always open to suggestions. And I really wanna see bees as a valid hardmode option

Last edited:
I could have sworn this was here already cause I remember the name hardmode bees I remember the bumble cores I remember the queen bee armor and I even made the comment "yay more bees I will always support bee suggestions" so what happened

I could have sworn this was here already cause I remember the name hardmode bees I remember the bumble cores I remember the queen bee armor and I even made the comment "yay more bees I will always support bee suggestions" so what happened
I added the enemies that drop the bumble cores, the Bee Blaster, Appearance of the Weapons, all of the Accessories, and the Bee Staff.
[doublepost=1519164093,1519163948][/doublepost]
Please add a hardmode bee pet.
Maybe the same enemies that drop the Bumble Cores could also drop the Beeswax (the pet summon that was removed from console)

I added the enemies that drop the bumble cores, the Bee Blaster, Appearance of the Weapons, all of the Accessories, and the Bee Staff.
Oh I see well if I can make a suggestion make it so if the queen wings r equipped at the same time as a pair of wings and the queen wings r the visible accessory the queen wings will flap like actual wings while flying

Hey do u think u can also make endgame bee items i rely on my friends for combat cause I refuse to use non bee weapons armor and accessories and it would bee awesome to bee able to help them as well

Back
Top Bottom